Help › Forums

Welcome to Short Attention Span Theater

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 13 2013 12:34 PM (21 replies)
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 3:11 PM

SHRUDE:

But doesnt this happen in the real world too?

You buy a shiny new set of top o' the line irons and in 6 months some kinda new technology supersedes that and you have to spend all over again.

I'm still playin' my X22's and XHot driver ... plus I wouldn't sell my Bobby Jones 3 Hybrid for anything, and it's easily 8 years old ... my putter is a Rossa Spider ... 10 years old.  The only clubs I go through quickly are my wedges.  I stick with the same brand (Vokey's) and the same lofts.

But then again, we call a close family friend "Clubs of the week" ... something new comes out and they're in his bag the following week!

To each their own I guess ... 

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 3:11 PM

Buy em they are GREAT clubs for now......very accurate yardages.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 3:17 PM

Pass me another Ginger Biscuit please PDX 

Thank You 

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 3:20 PM

Speaking of new ,, I am new to this forum thing .   What is " LOL "   "  AOL " and something called  " Highjack a thread " ?

Also ,, Please pass me the TV remote , I dont like this show and want to change the channle 

iaaR ( R ) ft 

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 4:48 PM

SHRUDE:

You buy a shiny new set of top o' the line irons and in 6 months some kinda new technology supersedes that and you have to spend all over again.

Shrude, not debating whether or not new equipment out performs older equipment, just sayin' there's something smelly about downgrading equipment performance once it has been purchased. IRL if you buy a club set, get used to it, and burn up the courses for a couple of weeks, would you be happy if all of a sudden you went back to shooting par with that same set ? I don't think so, and, this is what WGT has done in the past with their equipment, and will continue to do. I do not believe this is right, as I said previously, it is unethical at the very least. I would gladly welcome any comments from WGT on his issue , as I believe their current position is indefensible.

Doc :(

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 5:01 PM

drmoose:
    not debating whether or not new equipment out performs older equipment, just sayin' there's something smelly about downgrading equipment performance once it has been purchased.

? 4 U DrM ,  Could this be a VEM9000 " Pay Back ", Enquiring minds want to know .

iaaR ( R ) ft

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 5:34 PM

drmoose:

SHRUDE:

Shrude, not debating whether or not new equipment out performs older equipment, just sayin' there's something smelly about downgrading equipment performance once it has been purchased. IRL if you buy a club set, get used to it, and burn up the courses for a couple of weeks, would you be happy if all of a sudden you went back to shooting par with that same set ? I don't think so, and, this is what WGT has done in the past with their equipment, and will continue to do. I do not believe this is right, as I said previously, it is unethical at the very least. I would gladly welcome any comments from WGT on his issue , as I believe their current position is indefensible.

Hey Doc,

I hope you don't mind me jumping into your conversation but I don't understand what you're talking about? I have the G20 irons and they perform exactly as they have all along. Did you use the G20's in your first post as just an example or do you have some proof the clubs become less effective over time? I'm just confused as to what you're saying. You sound so sure of something but I don't know what it is?

Thanks,

~CD~

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 5:51 PM

CerinoDevoti:
    I hope you don't mind me jumping into your conversation but I don't understand what you're talking about? I have the G20 irons and they perform exactly as they have all along. Did you use the G20's in your first post as just an example or do you have some proof the clubs become less effective over time? I'm just confused as to what you're saying. You sound so sure of something but I don't know what it is?

I have to agree with Cerino here, I started with the G10's...level 35 then level 59's...never saw a drop off in how they played, went to the Burners about 3 weeks before the R11's rolled out...Burners always played the same...have had the R11's for at least a year now?..and still the same.

Kinda bummed though on spending my credits on the high level putter, should have waited a month and would have definitely jumped on the new Nike irons...but back on topic, I've never noticed a degradation of and clubs I had.

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2013 4:07 AM

Cerino & MBaggese,

To answer your questions about equipment performance, I can only relate my own personal experience. When I first bought the G-20 set and got used to it, shortly thereafter I holed three approach shots in the same day for eagles,  regularly shot five to six under par, and scored my best round ever of 28 on St. A's. Then came the "updates" and even an announcement by Chad that he was not fond of "unrealistically low scores". That was sometime around February 2013. Since that time it's been a whole different ball game, just like someone threw a switch, because someone did. Believe what you like and count your blessings if you weren't affected, those of us who were are not happy. I posted this to make people aware that those little dots of precision and forgiveness are meaningless when WGT has their hand on the controls, and that what you buy today, might not be what you get tomorrow.

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2013 12:03 PM

opyeuclid:
    Pass me another Ginger Biscuit please PDX
    There you Opy,enjoy the rest of the packet :)

RSS