Forums

Help › Forums

Hello Alll name is John

rated by 0 users
Sun, Feb 9 2014 11:26 AM (6 replies)
  • Rocket8868
    8 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2013 12:56 PM

Or you can  call me  Rocket which ever you like I have only been on the site for about six weeks. and am only lavel 20, You will see me here quite often bacaue I a bed confind quardrpelgic bcause I have cerebral palsy and a broken back. I have ohnly been on the site or abut six weeks and am olny a leavel 20 player.ibut, i am  frijust looking for friends and people to give me tipson how to play better. Thanks alot God bless everyone.

By the Way if anyone wants to send me a friend request my E-mail is jclark290@comcast.net

• ScottHope
    10,354 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2013 2:55 PM

Hello Rocket, sounds like you're in a bit of a pickle but welcome to the site though. The best way to get better at the game in the early stages, in my opinion, is just to play and learn from your mistakes. I have seen plenty of players hit a shot and maybe hit a tree or some other obstacle in front of them, and then play exactly the same shot again expecting a different outcome! That obviously won't work so if you can learn from what goes wrong and turn it to your advantage then you'll improve quickly. 

You are welcome to invite me to a game if I'm green an I'll show you how not to play, haha. Good luck Rocket and have fun.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Dec 15 2013 1:39 AM

welcome aboard, rocket!

-wgticon

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Dec 15 2013 1:56 AM

Welcome to the game the forums and Nation Membership (the latter certainly is somewhat of a farce considering the level and tier).

Read the forums and tips (under FAQ to the right) to get better and take notes. Then lots of practice.

• Rocket8868
    8 Posts
    Sat, Feb 8 2014 7:11 PM

Hello again all John here again I hao askk about an things tve a couple of thingsto ask about. first. to tell you all  lttle bit more about myself I  am going to confinedto my bed for te next4 to 6 months bcause I broke my back andI haave  been in a  wheel chair my entire life because i have Cerebral Palsy.

Now for my questions even though I am only a amatuer I would like to Join a country club but, my score is way high stillbecause m putting  is costing me about an extra 15 to 20 strokes a game any one have any ideas? ant looing  when i look in country clubs mst people are tour pro to legend but I am just looking to make a lot of new friends because of my current situatiun,

My labst question has to do with clubs right now I am using taylor made clubs and have always thought playing wit one brand of clubs is the thng to do do you all thunk t that strue and what brand of clubs do you all think is best, Thank you ar any input you all can give me about these questions.

John Ckark

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2014 11:10 AM

Hi John,

For the CC, I suggest putting this in the CC Corner section of the forums. Yes many clubs will take lower tiered players, but as you want to make friends, ask whether the club is active in the forums and how active the club is. The other thing is to join a club where the other players will be playing when you do - so if the most of the players are not in your time zone, you may struggle to get a game with fellow members.

Your clubs are probably the best for your level, but would personally drop the hybrid and have 3 evenly spaced wedges to fit in with your pitching wedge. Probably the next best clubs to become available will be the G20s that are higher trajectory.

Putting is about practice - Putting Tips is a must read though. Also search through the forums as there is a wealth of information in here to assist your game.

Most importantly, continue to enjoy.

• JasonNumber100
    2,908 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2014 11:26 AM

Hello, Rocket. Sorry to hear about your predicament.

I can only speak for myself and I'm sure others will chip in, excuse the pun.

When you chose a brand of clubs you do tend to stick it. You don't want to have to keep buying clubs. I think I've bought three sets. I bought one about level 50, another at level 83 and then a set when I made Legend, level 90.

I bought Ping because of the slower meter. Taylormade tends to have a faster meter, but that will stand you in good stead when you make Legend, as the top clubs are Taylormade.

However, Ping was okay until I made Legend, then I went to Taylormade, now I'm Nike.

You are on the right track. More important is your short game. You can get rid of the hybrid and have three good wedges. Always think about upgrading your wedges. Your short game can save you a lot shots. I find chipping difficult, but I've managed to master my flop shot. I suggest you practice that.

A good putter helps. A putter is personal preference. No one putter is necessarily better than another, they all take practice. Whatever clubs you choose you can only do so much depending on the ball. The better the ball the further it will fly and the quicker you can make it stop.

Putting takes practice. You need to get use to the speed and the break. I never aim to hit the ding. I hit either side, depending on the break. I don't have set numbers. Some people have a set formula, I don't. I've learnt from experience. I tend to putt looking from behind the hole, but I always look at both views. You'll get to know which method is best for you.

You'll find it tough whatever clubs you use. I've been there, but persevere and you'll make it through to the other side. Where you are at the moment is the most exciting part of your journey, though it might not feel like it at the moment.

Good luck.

RSS