Thu, Aug 14 2014 10:08 AM (36 replies)
  • alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Sun, Dec 15 2013 5:22 PM

bye

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Dec 15 2013 5:34 PM

Turn it on it's head. What do you think stops you just floating through space?

• ithurtswnipee
    891 Posts
    Sun, Dec 15 2013 10:39 PM

The ominous Philedelphia experimet that was covered up in the 40s leaked out infomation that mens bodies were fused into the decks and bulkheads of the ships structure.

This would be a real occurance had the ship disapeared then returned. The moving ocean is the wrong place to take a stationary object and try to move it trough time or dimension, or space, as upon its return it would no longer be in the same relitive spot from wence it left. Thus the story of the fusion of people & animas into the ships mass would be true. If the ship rose 3 feet on a wave durring emergence back into our continuem the transported mass could not relink to the original in or at the same time & place from where it was when it left.

An object can not occupy  two places at the same TIME. The universal laws which we have no comprehention of yet placed the main mass of the ship as close as possible. Smaller objects where put back exactly where they had occupied the same space when they left. So I would venture a guess that the mass of an object has a bearing on its placement in space time.

A six foot man would be fused 3 feet into the deck. This is a very touchy subject. Be careful.

I'm done.

Pee

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Dec 15 2013 11:03 PM

Someone taking Star Trek to heart...

• ithurtswnipee
    891 Posts
    Mon, Dec 16 2013 6:38 AM

MB, I do't know how old you are but there usd to be a futuritic cartoon called Buck Rogers. Long before space travel was even thought to be possible ,let alone the sound barrier surpassing they also thouht wolud never be achieved.

Point being he had a rocket pack he strapped to his back. Pretty futuristic stuff considering simple aerodynamcs were in there infancy. Had his own moon rocket too. People thought the creator of the cartoon was crazy.

You know can own your very own back pack-jet pack should you care to. It runs mainly on 99% pure Hydrogen Peroxide. Not the stuff in the stores but refined a lot more.

Gene Rodenberry the creator of the original Star Trec has been credited for some forward thinking propultion ideas.

Fiction is sometimes the leap towards truth.

Live long & prosper.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Dec 16 2013 8:07 AM

Lol...Buck was a tad before my time, was just funning with ya on some of the words used;)

• dacrash
    475 Posts
    Mon, Dec 16 2013 8:23 AM

ithurtswnipee:
    An object can not occupy  two places at the same TIME.

Yes they can.  Check out Quantum Physics.  A particle can exist in multiple places simultaneously

I'm no physicist, so check it out for yourself.

You are correct about the water being a bad place to try this experiment.  Loved the movie.

• ithurtswnipee
    891 Posts
    Mon, Dec 16 2013 8:30 AM

Love the fun MB. Never any worries there wih me. the more the merrier I say. No fun makes Jack a dull boy.

Crash, apparently there is some new stuff going on since I woke up in the world of quantum physics. I will look it up.

Never saw a movie about the experiment???

Gotta go to work. Someone has to.

Thanks

Pee

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Mon, Dec 16 2013 8:55 AM

C'mon, Pee... if the Philly experiment was an actuality, it wouldn't have mattered where on the planet it occurred... in water, or not... cause Earth is constantly spinning in 'space/time'... relatively, we're never where we were... even an instant before.  ;)

As far as the topic goes, ever since I was a little tike, and had a balloon rubbed on my head by my friend's older brother, and it (the balloon - not my head) was then stuck on the ceiling, where it took some doing for my retrieval of it, I've believed that gravity is simply another, 'weaker' form of electrostatic force. No such thing as gravity... or 'anti-gravity', for that matter.

The attracting/repelling forces of this 'weaker' state of 'static electricity' are what, I believe, has the scientific community befuddled into simply labeling it 'gravity and antigravity'.

By 'weaker', I mean 'without the stronger property of regular static electricity' - sparks!

This static discharge, in the form of the release of energy from a mass, is inversely proportioned to its mass in this 'weakened' force.

Imagine the Earth and its atmosphere spinning against the 'fabric of space'... a lot of forces being generated by this interaction. However, because the mass of the planet is so great, the 'discharge energy' has been supplanted by a greater attractive force and a diminished repelling force. This remaining effect is what is commonly called 'gravity'.

Isn't that right, Bags? ;)

RSS