Forums

Help › Forums

On the 9th, 12th Day of Christmas!

Mon, Dec 30 2013 6:37 PM (92 replies)
  • a123688
    48 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2013 12:11 AM

Don't want to turn this into a huge argument as everyone will be on your side.

Sure I posted in day 10 but I wasn't asking for anything. Not really sure why you are all over my case right now, it is not like I posted in every single "Day of Christmas" threads asking for something like some people have already.

I posted in day 9 and didn't fit criteria which is ok, then apologized in the day 10 thread. You saying "- You really haven't played for months, but you just "happen" to get back on when gifts are being given away." so does that mean I made up my story and I just happen to be present for times where people get gifts? If that were the case, I think I would have started on day 1 and continued. I see a lot of threads in the forums where there are giveaways, wouldn't I be responding in them as well?

If I don't fit the criteria, just politely say I don't fit it and the reason- because I received a gift in July and I would have been content with it. No reason to go saying I have more posts than games, you havn't played much etc, etc... That is all I was asking. I've seen people asking on continuous days for stuff, and you guys reply by saying you had already received stuff on previous days so you can't get another. But for me, I'm not sure why you had to make a list with all negative things on it.

So someone who goes on vacation for a month or two is now required to give level 90+ iron sets, drivers, putters? I never mentioned once where I could not afford to be on the giving end of this event. If you read what I posted, I just said the gifts will not be as good as people are giving away right now with high level drivers, iron sets, wedges etc...

I didn't want to make this into a big deal, but I thought I had to defend myself on the stuff you posted about me.

• a123688
    48 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2013 12:17 AM

Like I said in previous posts, I appreciate what you and all the other Santas are doing this year, especially since I was able to receive a gift during this event in the past.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2013 1:11 AM

48hrs is over - Aussie Aussie Aussie's day has Left The Building!
    Santas will gift the list posted above.

Merry Christmas to all who participated, hope your stockings are full this year! (Opy, dont turn this dirty)

Cheers all!

• idulf95
    7 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2013 5:07 AM

?? Maybe I'm pushing, but couldn't you just challenge them to a challenge match play game and they forfeit on the 1st hole?? (Well, until they give away 1000)  If not that's fine, just came to me and I  had to speak my mind lol.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2013 4:25 PM

idulf95:
    but couldn't you just challenge them to a challenge match play game and they forfeit on the 1st hole?

Possibly - we as a club don't do it as a rule due to the profit WGT makes from this transaction. You would lose 15% of the 1000.

Better value to just get the balls you use for the 1000 and retain/ save your credits for this higher need.

I will ask your Santa, if he is OK with it then it's fine by me.

• adeypa
    1,151 Posts
    Tue, Dec 24 2013 4:17 AM

SHRUDE:

idulf95:
    but couldn't you just challenge them to a challenge match play game and they forfeit on the 1st hole?

Possibly - we as a club don't do it as a rule due to the profit WGT makes from this transaction. You would lose 15% of the 1000.

Better value to just get the balls you use for the 1000 and retain/ save your credits for this higher need.

If you do it as a blitz challenge for 999cr the rake is almost nothing. 

• idulf95
    7 Posts
    Tue, Dec 24 2013 12:25 PM

SHRUDE:

idulf95:

Ok, then. So...who's me Santa and how can I get the credits?

• Mothy123
    445 Posts
    Tue, Dec 24 2013 12:54 PM

Great carol verdexon.

verdexon:

To all our International Friends & Golfing " Tragics ". The following is a Christmas Carol Aussie Aussie Aussie style sung to the tune of Jingle Bells.

CHRISTMAS DAY THE AUSSIE WAY

Dashing through the bush
                                    In a rusty Holden Ute
                                    Kicking up the dust
                                    Esky in the boot

Kelpie by my side
                                    Singing Xmas songs
                                    It's summertime & I am in
                                    My singlet shorts & thongs

The V8's getting hot
                                    We dodge some Kangaroos
                                    A Swaggie jumps onboard
                                    He is welcome too

All the Family's here
                                    Sipping by the pool
                                    Xmas Day the Aussie way
                                    With a backyard Barbecue

Come the afternoon
                                    Grandpa has a snooze
                                    The Kids & Uncle Bruce
                                    Are swimming in the nude

The time comes round to go
                                    We take the Family snap
                                     Pack the Ute & all shoot through
                                     But next year we'll be back

Jingle Bells Jingle Bells Jingle all the way
                                     Christmas in Australia on a scorching Summer's Day
                                     Jingle Bells jingle Bells Xmas time is beaut
                                     Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty Holden Ute

Compliments of the season everyone, Verdexon  ( John )

• aichapman
    1,406 Posts
    Tue, Dec 24 2013 1:12 PM

Elvis has left the building. ( That's my carrier pigeons' name )

Have done my duty Boss and am now off to enjoy some eggnog with the Elves.

iTotmikes gift is winging it's way  North and barring headwinds and ice form should arrive before this post is finished.

Well done to all who participated and a Safe and Awesome Christmas to everyone.

Lets hope the good vibe continues into 2014

Cheers from Al

• petercooper1958
    705 Posts
    Tue, Dec 24 2013 11:02 PM

Aussie Aussie Aussie control this is Santa 7.

Santa 7 this is AAA control, go ahead.

AAA control this is Santa 7, Taylormade Ghost Spider Putter L66 has been dropped at Sabotageslicer residence and we have surveillance that the gift is in use. Santa 7 is heading for home.

Aussie Aussie Aussie control this is Santa 7.

Santa 7 this is AAA control, go ahead.

Found putter very hard to wrap with shortage of sticky tape. Managed to use super glue.

Mayday, Mayday, Mayday.

AAA control this is Santa 7

Now have ding finger firmly glued to mouse.

We've lost control, there is absolutely no response from ding finger and fear dings may now become a memory from the past. 

We're going to crash, we're going to crash.................

Santa 7 this is AAA control.

RSS