Forums

Help › Forums

New Guy form Amateur to Pro

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 23 2013 10:49 AM (7 replies)
  • BubbaRubble
    26 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2013 1:54 PM

Just a New Guy's thoughts and progress since starting WGT.

Started playing this a little each day since December 6th  Yesterday I made Pro.

Wow this is not an easy game/simulator to master at all, nothing like the old Lynx game I used to played many years ago.  For all the folks out there that have 60 's and below averages you have my uttermost respect

The biggest challenge that I was facing was hitting the swing mark.  At 51 my close in eye sight in not the greatest and the speed at which the meter moves is very hard to judge, but I am getting better at it.  

Form Hack to Amateur score wise was not difficult at all for me just frustrating sometimes...OK most of the time it was frustrating but I keep coming back.  Getting to the green and then putting 3 and 4 times, just darn right pissed me off to say the least. 
    Judging distance and reading the breaks seem almost impossible and I cant forget about the A.I. *** inside the game that has a mined of her own.  

From Amateur to Pro was more difficult score wise. To get below 80 was a bit of a challenge, but I was starting to hit the mark more often and that help a lot.
    I had enough credits from watching videos to buy a new putter bought the Spider putter.  Thought this would help out but don't know if it really did or not.

So as frustrating as this game is I am still having fun so I decided to make an investment.  I don't mined spending money to play a game so I went ahead
    and invested $20 in credits and purchased the Putter and Shot Pal Meters.  After getting use to them my average started dropping.  Judging the distance of my putts was better and 3-4 putts are now 2-3.  I will continue to purchase these until something better comes along that can also help me read the breaks.

Now that I am a Level 32 Pro and having more frustrating fun. 

I have decided to go ahead an make another investment in to this money pit. 
    I am thinking of purchasing the TaylorMade R11 Club Set and the 3 or 4 Cleveland CG16 Wedges.  These should hold off me till I reach L59 when I can purchase the G20 set...Thoughts Suggestions?  

I am also going to start using the Callaway HEX balls.  I was given 3 during the Beginning Tutorial, I lost one on my first round and decided to hold off on using them
    for awhile so I switched back to the endless starter balls.  Received a free sleeve of them the other day when I made my first credit purchase. 

Things for me to work on;

Determine the actual flight distance of each club for each shot type.  I am just finding out that this is a must for better golf. 

I also need to work on my backspin, did not have this option with the starter clubs and balls.  Hitting the ball and watching it land a few feet from the hole and then continue to roll off the other side of the green does not help the average out.  Cant wait to get the new clubs and CG16's into action.

Go back and reread the putting, chipping and pitching tutorials on the forums thanks to the OP of these they are awesome and I have them book marked.

Well I am off to continue my quest for Tour Legend.  Thanks for taking the time to read this long post and thanks in advance for all you comments and feedback.

May your one putts be plentiful,

Troy, The New Guy

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2013 5:49 PM

I truly envy your current position...it is easy to see you are hooked and will enjoy each advancement and hallmark you gain as you improve. I wish you best of luck in your journey and also a Merry Christmas.

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2013 6:06 PM

Bubba , save more credits and use this ;-)

Wigers putter pal thingymebob

• DAVE21265
    17 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2013 9:48 PM

Just a New, I lost interest after that, only joking lol.

• savoy251
    296 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2013 5:28 AM

hi bubba glad to see you've stuck with it.the club set you mentioned seems to be good,i definatly would get cleveland wedges at least 52 and 60 they're great,love them.stick with cally balls if you can,starters are terrible,meter speed very fast,to much for our old eyes.i to was very frustrated in the biginning.game is lots of fun once you get past frustration.hang in there you are going to progress faster now that see it can be done.savoy

• BubbaRubble
    26 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2013 10:44 AM

SweetiePie:

I truly envy your current position...it is easy to see you are hooked and will enjoy each advancement and hallmark you gain as you improve. I wish you best of luck in your journey and also a Merry Christmas.

Thanks, SweetiePie,

I will enjoy the journey and feel like this is more of a hobby than a game.

Troy,

• BubbaRubble
    26 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2013 10:44 AM

Mushy01:

Bubba , save more credits and use this ;-)

Wigers putter pal thingymebob

Thanks, Mushy, I will check that out

Troy

• BubbaRubble
    26 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2013 10:49 AM

savoy251:

hi bubba glad to see you've stuck with it.the club set you mentioned seems to be good,i definatly would get cleveland wedges at least 52 and 60 they're great,love them.stick with cally balls if you can,starters are terrible,meter speed very fast,to much for our old eyes.i to was very frustrated in the biginning.game is lots of fun once you get past frustration.hang in there you are going to progress faster now that see it can be done.savoy

Thanks much, Savoy, the Cleveland Wedges are in my bag now, going to hold off on the club set for awhile, and see how it goes.

Troy

RSS