Sat, Dec 19 2015 9:05 AM (98 replies)
  • fmagnets
    3,640 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 2:03 PM

Posts finally coming through moderation, 4 or 5 spots left now

• Maxxie2013
    2 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 4:12 PM

Merry Christmas Wooden Tees and happy to all happy golfing :)

• Steve915
    68 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 6:12 PM

Thank you very much for the nomination, Miffy!

If there are more deserving candidates for the Christmas package, please select them over me. If you don't have enough nominations and have packages available, I would gladly accept it.

Happy holidays, Miffy...and everyone else!

• Heifner
    13 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2013 2:21 AM

I would  so like the L47 MAX irons, but I am only on level 43. oh well...... thank you  to all, for your  generosity. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Pete

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2013 9:12 AM

**BUMP

• iTotmike
    35 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2013 11:12 AM

I'd like to think that I am deserving, but I have to ANNOUNCE RIGHT UP FRONT that I have already received a gift of balls this holiday season.

Why am I deserving?  I play every day and work hard at my game improvement.  I've earned and purchased upgraded equipment as I am able to "afford".  I coach another player every day and have helped him considerably with his game.  I am an active member in the Good Old Canadian Boys CC and have created/hosted several tournaments there.  I always demonstrate good manners on the course and have friended most of my competitors, from around the world.

If you think I qualify, and there a left over gifts, I would be DELIGHTED to receive ANY of those items, but especially the TM ATV Wedges.  I rented the 56/60/64 Combo (L39) and my short game improved quite a bit.

Regardless, I think all of you Santas are just great!  I am astounded by the generosity of so many people on this site.  I hope I get to meet you all and say THANK-YOU in person.

Jim

• loveclose
    269 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2013 5:56 PM

Seasons greetings to all involved with this great offer.

I've been part of WGT for quite a few years now,  Like many maybe, I found the game a struggle to start with, and kind of played the game, got frustrated, left the game for a while, came back to it, tried again, got frustrated again........and so on!

The one thing this game offers is real challenge - it's not easy, and just when you think you've cracked it with a decent round, back it comes to bite you where it hurts.

Within the last month, I came back to the game for the umpteenth time and decided to give it a real try.   Not just by playing, but by getting rid of my starter clubs, buying some better ones, and joining a CC.  My friends list at that stage was the grand total of 2,.......

Am I glad I did!

I upgraded my clubs by buying a set of TM's - and they instantly revitalised my interest in the game.  Holes that hitherto were pretty much impossible with the starter clubs became potentially easier, so long as the player dinged in the right place......

A day after the club upgrade I joined a CC.  My friendship list hasn't stopped growing since......fantastic!  I've played many more multiplayer games now than any other time during previous years at WGT!!  

Having upgraded the clubs and joined the CC, I have chatted online with some amazing folk and been far more aware of the wonderful community that makes up WGT.  Far far more positve in its outlook and fun to tune into.

That is my recent history with WGT within the last few weeks.  I haven't stopped playing!  It remains a fantastic game challenge, and in my unbiased opinion the greatest golf sim challenge around.

Of course I would love to be considered for this wonderful package on offer.  However, I have received a couple of wedges courtesy of Esty's recommendation and Sweetmiffy's generous response!  I've played a couple of multiplayer games with these folk, and it was great fun on all occasions.

Would love to be considered, but recognise that I've already been given a gift and others may be in greater need.

I'll sign off for now wishing everyone further Seasons' Greetings.  Here in the UK, it's very a.m. and Boxing Day has finished.  Apologies for any typo errors and so on - I'm typing this in pitch blackness as Mrs Loveclose ordered the light to be switched off half an hour ago mid game..........!!

Peter (aka Loveclose)

PS - gettin' stormy outside now.......!!

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2013 9:20 PM

Swingx4:

Merry Christmas

It 'd make my Christmas to find any of those gifts under my Christmas tree.

The country clubs & individuals holiday spirit during these12 days of giveaways, is impressive. I may not get anything - but thanks for being so generous!

Everyone have a great holiday season!

well - the UPS and FedX backed us up a day - you should start seeing your presents arriving now :)  Merry Christmas 

• CoolOne80
    5 Posts
    Fri, Dec 27 2013 3:32 AM

Hi. I want to send a HUGE thank you to jsweetcr for the AMAZING gifts I received today. And, I want to thank fmagnets, and The Wooden Tee CC for choosing me. I am truly thankful and I hope i can do something for someone one day. I have already called in sick to one of my jobs, and my wife is not happy, but I am!!!! I love this site (WGT) and this game. I can't believe I was picked, and I am more than thrilled. thank you so so much jsweetcr, fmagnets, and The Wooden Tee CC. You have made my day. may you all have a very happy New Year and hope to see you on the legend tees soon. My new driver is way way long and my new wedges will back the ball up farther than my old driver would even hit it!!!!    Wesley 

• Swingx4
    502 Posts
    Fri, Dec 27 2013 3:57 AM

Thank you wooden tee cc, you all made my holidays!

Thanks

RSS