Forums

Help › Forums

On the 12th 12th Day of Christmas...

Sat, Dec 19 2015 9:05 AM (98 replies)
  • patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Tue, Dec 24 2013 10:20 PM

fmagnets:

... your friends at Wooden Tee CC give 12 sets of goodies to help you in your WGT journey.

The 12 most worthy respondants in this thread will each receive a gift-wrapped Christmas hamper containing all of:

1 L48 R1 driver, chosen because it will last you all the way to L83;

1 L30 R11 3wd. Chosen for high precision and forgiveness, it will also last into the L80s;

1 set of either L47 Max irons or L59 G20 irons, depending on the recipient´s level, and whether they prefer the low ball usage cost allowed by the slow meter Max irons or the high trajectory and scoring potential afforded by the G20s;

1 set of L50, L51, L52 Max spin wedges, chosen because the high spin allows you to control your shots around the greens even with starter balls. If replaced at higher levels with Clevelands or ATVs, these are still great to keep for certain CTTH holes;

1 9-hole lesson with a Wooden Tee Tour Legend to help you use all this equipment and offer tips to get to the top.

Priority will be given to those most in need and who haven´t received gifts thus far, but other gift recipients will be considered should they still be in need. No multi-accounters please, and we´d appreciate help from the other gifters in rooting out anyone trying to abuse this gift. Please state which iron set you would like in your reply.

Thanks to Mr Caddie and all the gifters from the 12 days of Christmas giveaway. And a very merry Christmas to all the WGT players, forumites, and staff,

Fmagnets and the Wooden Tee elves (Jsweetcr, Dazza501, Jerm65, Chevyrwm, Duffer19, SeanMan81, Deedles77, Mushy01, and Cappiest)

Awesome gifts, it's so nice to see the generosity of many great CC's and individuals involved with such a kind act of humanity….:-)

fmagnets:
    Thanks to Mr Caddie and all the gifters from the 12 days of Christmas giveaway

MC, definitely rocks for starting such an event! I certainly wouldn't want to be in your shoes MC, having to deal with the negativity replies of others, but as the saying goes….'in one ear and out the other'….:-)

With thousands and thousands of people on wgt, it sure is hard to be only able to give out 144 gifts and some... the secret santas ….kodo's to you's involved also in that.

Merry Christmas all, and let kindness end this event on a good note!

:-))

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 2:32 AM

*BUMP

Roll Up, Roll Up

12 fantastic hampers , full of golf goodies available to 12 lucky recipients.

It can't be true, FREE? It is I'm afraid, just make a post saying why you would like to receive a hamper, or make a nomination of someone you know will benefit from such a great gift, and who knows, you or they may just receive an extra goodie bag on this fantastic day.

Merry Xmas To All.

• DANNYSAN
    45 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 6:10 AM

I want to extend my congratulations on the Christmas event, expressing joy graceful, has cast this much more enjoyable game than usual these days.

Difficult undertaking if any, which have been carried out and directly responsible for it ... mrcaddie and many many helpers, a cool and predisposition, "awesome" and a worthy Christmas spirit to the top, and all WGT aellos simply:

.... thanks for the part I played and heart

........ VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!

• gdog8
    1,356 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 7:54 AM

Merry X-MAS everyone I can sympathize with your trouble as a day 11 member and we have not been able to place all the drivers into the hands of wanting duffers.  I nominated jennybellelynn and still have not got a response either good or bad I firmly believe that she meets the requirements and  will be ready for level 52 in short time.  As said in previous post's she would never ask for gifts and recently turned tour pro at level 49 and has not made a major club upgrade yet.  If you really want to be good minions you will not find a more willing and grateful duffer , just read are status that says it all really.  I know I'm not a forum "insider"  with many friends or connections but I help and gift when I  can so please reconsider my nomination because I believe she meets the criteria and no reason why a hamper should  not have her name on it.   Thanks again all wooden tee minions ,MC, all cc and individual contributing to this celebration and may all have a wonderful and safe hiolidays-gdog8

• gdog8
    1,356 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 7:55 AM

BUMPITY, BUMP, BUMP!

• GregSteed
    148 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 11:38 AM

Testing testing 1-2 testing...

My posts on another thread slid through moderation rather quickly.  Let's test an idea and see if this posts.  If so I shall return and post again - and it will not be a test!

I'm a dork, I know.  

Merry Christmas!

• GregSteed
    148 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 12:21 PM

Wow, out of the blue six of my posts across the forum all posted at once!  Very odd...

I posted a couple of pages back here - I am long winded so I'll spare everyone a verbatim regurgitation.

Initially I didn't throw my hat in the ring for the package, given that I have solid equipment already and do a lot of work earning free credits.  I already have the R11 3 Wood.  I am renting the R1 (48+) and furiously working to earn enough credits for that and the MAX Precision Irons (a lot of free offers to complete indeed!).

Quick side note: I've said it in a few places prior but it bears repeating: if you have your eye on some new equipment and don't have the cash to spend, add me as a friend and send a message.  I'll happily give some hints & tips on some free credit offers you either really need to dig to find or are FAR easier than people think!

With my original post in mind, I would like to throw my hat in the ring for the package (or at least a portion of it, given that I have the 3W & am leaning towards the aforementioned irons).  In all honesty, I have no problem making my first deposit here to add $20 in credits and supplement what I've earned.  If there are other more deserving individuals, it'll be a win for everyone all around.  In my long-winded way I'm saying if, in the end, there's a driver-lessons-whatever else gift left in the sleigh I'm putting my hand up.  Never hurts!  

Thanks to all who have participated in the 12 Days event.  I've been getting involved in the forums, meeting folks, offering help, etc. all because I saw how much fun the Santas were having...I'd say I'm a recluse but I think people take me as a blowhard know-it-all (no, I know!  So hard to believe, right!!).  I'm learning about the CCs now...here's to you not being in the unlucky CC that I join!

Merry Christmas, happy holidays...hopefully everyone is enjoying time with their family and friends!

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 12:34 PM

At gdog. Jenny is on our list of potential winners :)

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 1:20 PM

Hi!

If all the hampers haven't been won yet I would like to nominate Steve915

He's a fabulous person and he really does have loads of potential.

• fmagnets
    3,640 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 1:36 PM

Thanks for the recommendation. So everyone knows where we are, we have 4 or 5 on our list, and another 6 on our reserve list who are either at the wrong level or who have already had gifts. So still another potential 8 spots up for grabs.

RSS