Forums

Help › Forums

Become Legend And Get Punished By WGT For It!

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 20 2014 12:38 AM (25 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2013 2:35 AM

alosso:
    Please don't push me through Hell's Gate!

Mate, it is fine here - mark my words! Ummmm you did say you like heat right?

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2013 2:48 AM

I used to be vociferous in being critical of the pro shop not keeping up with the times as regards lower level Legend equipment.  That has all been more than addressed for some time now.  As much as you can reasonably expect any business to balance it's needs versus players needs it's been done.  

Sort your bag out as discussed earlier in this thread.  You are also in what looks a very good CC, so play with good Legends in that and enjoy the learning curve.

• thesnakeyes
    892 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2013 3:03 AM

wow crying a l87 legend with a 66avg using a pigs ear of a bag of clubs. At your level you can get a 282yd driver l84 a 240 3wd l84 the new l85 nike irons the 64 60 and 56 degree top level cleveland wedges your choice of top level putters apart from a couple and same with the balls. a better matched set than you got now and available to a lot of masters who are at the same level and if you cant play with them as legend then there is something wrong.

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2013 4:46 AM

woah.... 

pretty WEak ...RANT... 

dude... you have 139 friends.... PLAY some more ALT shot ... INSTEAD OF THE ..LOW POINT blits junk... 

roll a fatty and have some funn man...... 

an like the other's said.... level 87 !!  ...there's plenty of nice stuff .. 

peace :)_~~

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2013 5:46 AM

2DAMFLASHY:
    roll a fatty and have some funn man......

Best club in my bag.... been using it since hack tier.

• aichapman
    1,406 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2013 1:57 PM

Weeducation:
    I refuse to pay more than 300 creds per sleeve because I believe anything higher cost than that for balls is highway robbery.

We have all been there when becoming Legend and it's not easy in the early days.

But what the heck, it took me 18 months to learn to walk, years for people to understand what I was saying and nearly 2 decades to get a Drivers' Licence. Things don't happen over night.

As for paying "Big Money" for equipment. Sadly there are NO "free lunches" in the real world. I don't go to "fancy" restaurants because I can't afford it. Same as this game, I've had to cut corners in purchasing gear, sadly that's just the way it is. My choice as to how high or low I go when opening my wallet is determined by how much I have to spare.

We all have the choice "eventually" of using the better performance balls/clubs etc. It just takes time. 

Of course I struggled from the "back" tees initially and for many weeks and it was very frustrating until my level went up to get better gear. Then as I've said I had to wait again until I could afford it.

When I weigh up the money I've spent and compared it to the enjoyment I've received from it ( and of course the frustration ) for me personally the cost is well worth it.

I've been helped along the way by "friends" advice in all aspects of the game which has made the transition through levels a heck of a lot easier. So if you can hang around and keep plugging away that would be great as it will get easier for you "eventually" and if you need any help along the way I'm more than happy to give you a hand if you wish.

I nearly gave the game away when I played my first "windy" tournament and couldn't even reach the fairway in some cases and nearly "cracked" a 100. 

I laugh about that now. I didn't then.

Regards and Good Luck whichever way you go mate. Alan

Weeducation:

Could WGT please explain why becoming a Legend requires a punishment attached to it?

Becoming a Legend has made me wonder if I should just walk away or is it really worth it to play 2-3 months handicapped just so I can give WGT more money then?

• kenneydavis
    109 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2013 4:01 AM

I play with the same irons I had since master,just recently bought  THE BIG DADDY DRIVER,  but the only course i had problems with was St Andrews hole #4 and that really wasn't a problem every once in a while you hit the middle finger  with a thud..So I only made par ,whats the big deal....true legends have over a 1,000 ranked rounds [ my opinion] not these match play legends with 200 ranked rounds 25 Eagles 144 birdies..that's what is a joke.Earn it thats how you get points to level up .i see these guys on here .a membr for 3 months and their legends. Booooo.  WGT ought to get rid of the match play to lower your avg  STROKE  NOT MATCH PLAY...

• SafeBetAmy
    526 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2013 6:08 PM

kenneydavis:

I play with the same irons I had since master,just recently bought  THE BIG DADDY DRIVER,  but the only course i had problems with was St Andrews hole #4 and that really wasn't a problem every once in a while you hit the middle finger  with a thud..So I only made par ,whats the big deal....true legends have over a 1,000 ranked rounds [ my opinion] not these match play legends with 200 ranked rounds 25 Eagles 144 birdies..that's what is a joke.Earn it thats how you get points to level up .i see these guys on here .a membr for 3 months and their legends. Booooo.  WGT ought to get rid of the match play to lower your avg  STROKE  NOT MATCH PLAY...

Just curious:  Are you the same guy who screams, "And keep the h e ll off my grass, you darn kids!" ?

• Weeducation
    17 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2014 7:11 AM

Roll a fatty? that's your answer...lmao...what decade you live in dude? 1960-70's.....what a waste....ever heard of a vaporiser?....geeeeee

Everyone of you WGT forum shills answer the same thing,,,spend more money...lol

I bought the clubs I have now when I was Pro or something like that knowing that I would not upgrade these untill I reached Legend tier.  Oh by the way that's something similar to budgeting...something none of you's ever heard of before by your replies.

Also I asked WGT the question and instead I have every so called forum expert give me their opinion of my bag,cc, and even my name..lol..very nice guys.

The pro shop is set up for WGT happiness only....spend every month or so....well for the value this game provides for my money I dont see the value of that.

WGT is being greedy and does not even bother to answer simple question for a supposebly upper tier player in the forum....hummm?

And now release the forums trolls & shills once again....

• thesnakeyes
    892 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2014 11:08 PM

jeez you are still crying remember wgt is a business and any business is there to make money so yes they do try to get you to spend. I for one have the top level r1 driver top level r11s 3w the top r11 irons the top level cleveland wedges and the top level taylormade putter and play with 300cr/sleeve balls. Hmm how much money has wgt made out of me absolutley NONE. It takes a while but spend time lying doing the bs surveys do the free vids download all the free credit stuff and delete when you get credited and buy the stuff in the pro shop you dont even have to open your wallet you are not penalized for getting to legend at an early tier its your choice whether you buy with your own money or not and if you are not happy close your account and leave. I spend jack sh1t on here.

simples

peace to all

RSS