Forums

Help › Forums

Site Performance

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 7 2014 7:58 PM (9 replies)
  • acmze55
    1 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2013 8:29 AM

the  wgt  site is not responding to touch pad or mouse. This has been going on for 2-3 weeks . The site has cost me lost balls, wasted credits and I no longer can play other players. look at my play history you have that ability.This is not just on one computer. The computer I'm sending this from  is fresh out of the box and yes the problem happens on this machine as well as my older laptop The specific problem is a delay on the swing that makes timing shots difficult. If this is a recurring malfunction of his platform and you were not aware of it. Now you are.

• iTotmike
    35 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2013 11:06 AM

None of the folks I play are having problems.  How is your mouse attached to your cpu's?  If wireless transceiver...  Any new wireless devices in the house, like a portable phone?

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2013 11:31 AM

The problem you are describing is very common if you are using Chrome as your browser with the pepperflash update installed. If you are using Chrome as your browser for this site you can either revert your system back to an earlier flash version or switch browsers. 

Different browsers work better on different computers and ISPs. Maxthon is very popular here. Personally I use Safari and have very few problems. Other members use others.

A lot of it is just trial and discovery.

• HWei
    534 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2013 4:17 PM

Follow the steps below to disable the new PepperFlash.

1 ) Open the Chrome Plugins page by typing this URL into the address bar: chrome://plugins

2 ) Find the "[+] Details" button in the upper right to show the details of each installed plugin and click this button.

3 ) Find the Flash Plugin Section in the list of Plugins.  There may be (2 files) or (3 files) in this section.

4 ) In the Flash section there should be 2 or 3 different versions of Flash listed.  If the Flash section only has one Flash file listed, Click Here to go to the Adobe website and download and install the Adobe Flash Plugin for Non-Internet Explorer browsers. 

5 ) The first Plugin listed in the Flash section is the PepperFlash implementation.  You can tell that the first one is PepperFlash by looking for "PepperFlash" in the Location string.  See yellow highlight below.

6 ) Find the "Disable" link and click that link.

7 ) Now Close all open Chrome windows and tabs and restart Chrome

• gdubbombsit4bird
    73 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2013 8:11 PM

If I was you I would not use Chrome for the game..heard nothing but negative stuff when it comes to Chrome and this game....I myself use IE10 and works cool for me...smooth meter..no lag etc...heard the best browsers for the game is Komodo Dragon or Maxthon...anyway..hope this helps and you get your issues resolved....keep it in the short stuff....gdub..

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2013 12:19 AM

Guys, did you get new glass bowls for Xmas? LOL

I'd like to read about type and version of operating system, browser and Flash first ;)

Is it a wired or wireless mouse?

Is the meter movement stuttering, or does it stop with a delay after clicking?

• cm68
    892 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2014 10:11 PM

I too have been having major problems with severe lag both during game play and when loading between strokes.

Hell I have aven been booted from games, with messages stating I never returned in time... loosing matches as a results.

As for the stuttering meter... I have tried every suggestion ever made to me wi regards to flash and browsers amd nothing really helped until I recently changed browsers...

Okay, IE was okay but crashes after you apply systems updates, and takes a while to then resolve the issues.  Chrome was only good for the Ads and Videos and nothing else,

Now after reading something interesting, I have downloaded and installed, Maaxthon 3, and the only issue I have encountered is on new years day, the system logged me out a couple of time and the only way I could get back on, was to restart my system???

So horses for courses, and as someone else has already said... trial and error as we all have problems and they are resolved in a variety of ways.

Cheers and happy hitting.

• acebishop
    116 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2014 8:26 AM

Funny how this works. Chrome is the only browser I can use that works great. Use to us comodo mostly and a little chrome.  About three weeks ago comodo started to give me fits.  Used safari, Maxthon, firefox all did the same stutter meter thing, but chrome worked great.

Have suggested to drop game with a few players because there meter was acting up the last few weeks.  I really dont want to win when a fellows meter is acting up.  Playing legends and TM they will let you know and you can tell there meter is acting up.

Seems like at night there are more meter issues.

Ace

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2014 10:13 AM

The problem isn't with Chrome ....

• spoiledroten
    4 Posts
    Tue, Jan 7 2014 7:58 PM

I first signed up on WGT in 2010 But I did not like the swing meter. I was playing tigerwoodsonline at the time and just never played WGT again until recently. About two months ago out of boredom I started playing WGT again. I would still rather pay a membership fee than have to deal with the money getting swing meter that takes away from your ability to play the golf course that's lied out in front of you. And or the ability to challenge other golfers of the same caliber as myself. I find that the only thing that I challenge is the WGT swing meter. I made the decision to stick with it to see if it got better with time. So after two months and only spending a little of my own money by taking advantage of the surveys and other means of getting credits to upgrade my WGT virtual player. I find that I can no longer stand on my fingers to keep from complaining about the conditions that both please me and infuriate me with this game. I am pleased with the looks of WGT and it's social interaction with other players. I also like the way that you advance through levels and the ability to improve your game by inquiring new clubs and equipment through the pro shop. But what infuriates me is that it is like most other social game sites more interested in making a buck than it is on being true to the game of golf. Now I understand that it must take a great deal to maintain a site as popular as this. But at the same time I feel like I am being cheated out of my time and money to advance through the game when I learn that just because I purchase a different club or set of irons doesn't mean that it/they will improve my game. So I can't express how disappointed I am to learn that now after buying another set of irons that are at twice the levels as the irons that I sold to help pay for them have actually made my game worse. And now I have to sell these advance irons at a greatly reduced price to buy back the irons that I already sold at a greatly reduced price to help pay for the advanced irons that have only decreased my ability to play the game effectively. now I'm sure that if I was made out of money I could go through and find a golf ball that would make the irons tolerable with the erratic swing meter that I face with these new clubs. And that just brings me to a hole other point that sense I'm not a writer and I'm not made out of money. I just don't feel like WGT will ever be fare in it's attempts to make this game one that I would want to keep playing. So after two months of almost complete enjoyment I have decided to give up on playing WGT with the hopes that it will get better and even though I my find myself playing WGT golf because I'm bored of the other sites out there that are all about the same thing which is getting me to part with my hard earned dollars. I will never play WGT with any kind of regularity and the aspiration of rising through it's ranks to be the best player I could be thank you.         

RSS