Forums

Help › Forums

Thu, Jan 2 2014 11:55 PM (27 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Dec 31 2013 6:01 PM

ZioMio:

That was quick, where did you find this....lol

Fireworks down here in Melbourne are always good, watching em Live is even better.  The Sydney show is even better, with the Harbour Bridge as the main attraction.

We spent a small fortune getting a Corner Deluxe Suite at the Sheraton 10 years ago overlooking the Yarra River and all the Fireworks... It was just fantastic.

Saving up for a Sydney venture now...  looking at that Harbour bridge.

Happy New Everybody...  May all your dreams and wishes come true :)

-Roger

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Dec 31 2013 6:28 PM

mantis0014:
    Saving up for a Sydney venture now...  looking at that Harbour bridge.

Mark my words Roger, the best way is on the water. A good friend had a 43ft yacht and would take it out NY Eve and anchor off Lavender Bay (along  with 1000s of others lol) but they are the best views in the house.

Sadly he sold it  - his wife gave him the ultimatum, its was to be her or the yacht. 

And before everyone says WTF, he was given the same choice with his  first  wife, but then it was a plane - yes he made the right choice that time!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Dec 31 2013 7:29 PM

alanti:

Mark my words Roger, the best way is on the water. A good friend had a 43ft yacht and would take it out NY Eve and anchor off Lavender Bay (along  with 1000s of others lol) but they are the best views in the house.

Sadly he sold it  - his wife gave him the ultimatum, its was to be her or the yacht

Oh wow, he should have kept that yacht and raked in the rewards.

Corner suites at the Shereton ( now known as The Languam, if I have the spelling correct)  was like a house...  2 toilets, Ensuite to the main bedroom with spa, double shower, seperate bathroom, Lounge room...   Dining room...   about $800 a night back then, min of 2 nights.    The lurks and perks were good though,  access to butler service, and the Free drinks (anything we wanted over the bar) at the lounge they had up there.  Expensive for us at the time, but well worth it.

We all make New Year Resolutions... things like giving up smoking, giving up drinking, losing weight, even playing better golf in this game..lol....  Things some of us never do and defer to next year....lol

We should be making resolutions that we want to do and not make things we have to do.

Things like jumping out of a plane (no),   bundgee jumping (no),  white water rafting (maybe), Hot Lap in a F1 around the track (yes).  Saving up for a lavish stay in a hotel or hiring a yacht to go in the harbour (yes)

Another NY resolution I made is dropping my Wgt Ave by 4 shots...   that will never happen.....lol

-Roger

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Dec 31 2013 8:25 PM

mantis0014:
    We should be making resolutions

Here's mine ... to not spend so much time playing this addicting game!

Now here's how that resolution will probably turn out:

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Tue, Dec 31 2013 9:15 PM

My goal for 2014,,,,, is to accomplish the goals of 2013...

which I should've done in 2012...

because I promised them in 2011...

and planned in 2010!

:)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2014 12:03 AM

DaddysKat:

mantis0014:
    We should be making resolutions

Here's mine ... to not spend so much time playing this addicting game!

Now here's how that resolution will probably turn out:

That's very funny....   but how true......lol

2DAMFLASHY:

My goal for 2014,,,,, is to accomplish the goals of 2013...

which I should've done in 2012...

because I promised them in 2011...

and planned in 2010!

:)

This is so true too....lol....   Started off the year just killing meself laughing, instead of trying to smash the screen after a bad shot....

Keep em coming....   just fantastic

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2014 1:29 AM

Hi everyone!

Okay, it's 11:25 am here on 1st January. Dad is making a fire??? Oh, he says we're having steaks for lunch. Ewwww!

My cousins are swimming in the pool, my aunt is making a salad and my uncle is drinking a beer!

I have SUCH a hangover cos my one cousin persuaded me that it was a good idea to do vodka shots last night, and we had to see how many we could down in 60 seconds. Then we lost count so we started again.

I think I won but I can't remember too much.

When I woke up I was wearing Opy's pants.

Happy New Year everyone!!!!!!!!!!! You are all awesome!!!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2014 2:12 AM

Very funny Kat and 2DF, sadly New Years Resolutions are often cast aside before we finish singing Auld Lang Syne.

sweetmiffy:
    persuaded me that it was a good idea to do vodka shots last night,

Miffy, did you really think that one through? LOL Obviously not but I am sure it seemed a good idea at the time.

No New Years resolutions for me, just my personal and professional goals that I set every year, and the bar gets higher.

As far as WGT goes, TL this year and I will try not to look like a hack when I play (latter there is no  guarantee)but most importantly, to continue to enjoy the game.

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2014 6:44 AM

DONE with awful 2013  snake year. Here comes Horse year.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2014 8:39 AM

alexk345:

DONE with awful 2013  snake year. Here comes Horse year.

Loadabollox

RSS