Forums

Help › Forums

Any assistance in putting or reading greens?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 15 2014 8:21 PM (4 replies)
  • PKRodgers
    24 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2014 7:38 AM

Hi all, I'm a newbie just saying hi. Seriously though, if anyone can shed some light on how you read the break or speed of the greens ie how much faster is a tournament green than a standard one and how fast do the blips have to be going to affect a 40 footer etc. it would be greatly appreciated

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2014 11:44 AM

PKRodgers:

Hi all, I'm a newbie just saying hi. Seriously though, if anyone can shed some light on how you read the break or speed of the greens ie how much faster is a tournament green than a standard one and how fast do the blips have to be going to affect a 40 footer etc. it would be greatly appreciated

hi

you out this forum http://www.wgt.com/forums/10.aspx

there are several sticky threads there with guides how to putt and use other shots. they are by far the best resource out there and have helped thousands :)

-wgticon

• HWei
    534 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2014 11:44 AM

On the green has grid showing the breaks of direction of the roll ,also by reading it red dots indicates downhill lie ,black even,blue uphill .But watch the movements of the dots will show u .

• poppagolf
    55 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2014 8:16 AM

reading a sloping green is tricky and takes practice,i use the grid lines as a guide depending on how severe the slope is,also with practice try stopping the meter after the centre line ,this will help to straighten out the putt,as for the speed of the greens,on tournament greens i use a 50  40 30% method ,10 foot down hit it 5. standard greens are slow so you can give them a go,they wont roll past a lot.different courses have slightly different speeds practice practice ,practice

• Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2014 8:21 PM

Pray.

RSS