Forums

Help › Forums

Someone buy me a R9 Supertri

Tue, Jan 24 2012 3:30 PM (45 replies)
  • salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 1:41 AM

What's truly amazing is that anyone actually reads the forum at all.  What a joke it has become.  All we get is complaining, moaning, whining, crying and useless chat from people who think they have all the right answers.

From the Forum wanna be moderator's who are ready to kill each other,  to the current group of genius"s who have all the answers.  Talking, talking, talking,  but actually saying nothing.

If you can't afford better clubs, too bad. Play with the freebies until you can..

If you feel the game is too hard and unfair because you can't use the same equipment the higher tier player's use,  too bad..   Pay your dues like we had to and earn your clubs.

Most of,  if not all current legends, started with starter clubs and basic balls. No choices at all. By the time the first U.S. Open was held at BethPage Black those clubs were good for low 60 avg's.

If you feel that you are in the wrong tier and can't compete... too bad.. Many of you have put yourself into that position.  Deal with it, put your time in and work hard like everybody else.

WGT,  please don't lock out your legends. We supported the game from the beginning and most have spent thousands of dollars helping you to become the finest online golf game. Open the Pro Shop  to us and provide the equipment we need to play at this extreme level.  After all, this is where the big money is.

• yokosaki
    310 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 2:02 AM

salamii:
    If you feel that you are in the wrong tier and can't compete... too bad.. Many of you have put yourself into that position.  Deal with it, put your time in and work hard like everybody else.

salamii:
    If you feel the game is too hard and unfair because you can't use the same equipment the higher tier player's use,  too bad..   Pay your dues like we had to and earn your clubs.

salamii:
    If you can't afford better clubs, too bad. Play with the freebies until you can..

And finally,

salamii:
    WGT,  please don't lock out your legends. We supported the game from the beginning and most have spent thousands of dollars helping you to become the finest online golf game. Open the Pro Shop  to us and provide the equipment we need to play at this extreme level.  After all, this is where the big money is.

All in the same post.  I find there to be just a bit of contradiction in your "gripe".

However, I do not want to pick a fight.  I am just trying to make sure that you understand how all of the others that were thrown into "master" status feels.  Locked out from equipment that can do the job.  Just like you and your "legend" status.

I just have one real gripe of my own.  I still can't find the beer wench on any of the courses!  WGT, get on that or i'm outta this joint, I swear.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:26 AM

yokosaki:

All in the same post.  I find there to be just a bit of contradiction in your "gripe".

However, I do not want to pick a fight.  I am just trying to make sure that you understand how all of the others that were thrown into "master" status feels.  Locked out from equipment that can do the job.  Just like you and your "legend" status.

Sorry,

There is no contradiction whatsoever.  As I stated earlier,  even the starter clubs can do the job.   You can use them up to beginner pro level, by then your game will be honed to a point where you can actually take advantage of the upgraded clubs.

You say that you were thrown into Master status as if it was a total surprise to you. Didn't you think that you would reach that level eventually.  Pro level gear is is still effective and usable from the Master tee's.

The Pro shop has been open for month's now,  and you have had ample time to upgrade your equipment.  Most of you want the easy upgrade because your too lazy to practice and put the time in to get better.

Look at it this way, now you will have plenty of time to learn all the clubs in your bag.  The game is now driver and long iron. Wedges are for chipping and pitching now..The tools you desire are right underneath your nose, you just need to learn how to use them.

To finish, comparing your master status to my legend status is ridiculous.  You obviously have no clue to the dramatic increase in yardage that we must face.  Tee boxes that are 30-60 yards longer then the ones you use now. The distance to the pin on our approach shots are between 170-220 yrds.  Unlocking the Pro Shop to us  is a must.  If they don't WGT will take a major hit in revenues from the declining # of r-go tournaments and MPC's.  Many have already stopped playing in these competitions and more are sure to follow unless changes are made.

• yokosaki
    310 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 6:29 PM

salamii:
    You say that you were thrown into Master status as if it was a total surprise to you. Didn't you think that you would reach that level eventually.

I never said this, I was master status prior to the change in WGT.  I also had my clubs prior to the change in WGT.  I assume that your comment was made with disregard to the facts, such as the use of the word "others" instead of  the word "I" that was utilized in my post.

salamii:
    comparing your master status to my legend status is ridiculous.  You obviously have no clue to the dramatic increase in yardage that we must face.

I am no longer going to respond to this post as I have lost nearly half of my functioning brain cells reading this "crap", and yes, its "crap".  Your legend status is compaired to a hack status, it means nothing.  

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 5:32 AM

yokosaki:
     I am no longer going to respond to this post as I have lost nearly half of my functioning brain cells reading this "crap", and yes, its "crap".  Your legend status is compaired to a hack status, it means nothing.  

LOL, you guys are so funny. I would like to line up all the legends and masters, take their high powered clubs, putter and ball away from them, and see how many masters and legends are still standing

. In college I could ace a open book test, but when they took the book away I was a C student, same thing with the masters and legends. Take their crutch away and the titles will disappear. OK,  I apologize for bruising all your egos, but that is the way it is

• stencil
    455 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 2:22 PM

Benich I understand you want r9 irons for a brand new vokey wedge 58 degree. Would you happen to want to give a 54 degree

• strokes11
    19 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 12:29 AM

LOL at people complaining about a game.  It's a free online game, and a pretty good one at that.  I still use starter clubs and do fine.  BPB is the only course that I feel I would get a major benefit from better clubs, but whatever, I just like playing the game.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 10:10 AM

strokes11:
    LOL at people complaining about a game.  It's a free online game, and a pretty good one at that. 

Exactly.

Anyone who tried to qualify for the virtual open's know how hard the championship tees are. Hell, the Legends even got a break on the green speeds. The Tour Master's monthly tournament at St. Andrews is playing from the championship tees. Please stop complaining about how hard the Legends have it. The game changed for other people too.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 10:25 AM

Richard4168:
    The Tour Master's monthly tournament at St. Andrews is playing from the championship tees.

And you played it 10 times so far this month and are averaging what? 71? LOL  Using it to pad your average Richard?  Without those 10 rounds padding your 66.6 average, you might already be a Legend!  Wouldn't that be fun?

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 4:12 PM

Andy, I should have figured you would flame me with such stupidity. I'm playing and recording my rounds like I always have, and I'm not padding my average either ding-dong.

I'm not afraid of the Legend tier just like I wasn't afraid of the Master tier. I know this, when I do become a Legend tier player, I'm not going to cry like a little baby in the forums because it's to hard like you and the other Legend tier players have.  LOL!!!

I sense a little envy on your part Andy. Don't be so salty.

RSS