Forums

Help › Forums

Happy Birthday

Wed, Jul 1 2020 4:32 AM (1,330 replies)
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, May 2 2014 9:00 AM

SweetiePie:
    in 1908 a song was published that makes a request that is odd to me because I only sing it while I'm already there...Perhaps Sister Kat will explain....

Gads, girl ... I really don't know.  It seems it was something to do to get the fans up to "stretch".  I for one don't really care for Cracker Jack ... I do like shellin' goobers though!

I do know when I hear that song, I'm usually hanging out in Chavez Ravine and it tells me "it's time to go" if I want to avoid the traffic.  And lately, whenever I hear it, I think of our own Yankee Jim!  lol.

Anyone guess what song we're talking about?

PS:  My avatar is still wearing diapers ... 1 year old today!  I guess that's why her butt looks so big!

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, May 2 2014 9:36 AM

DaddysKat:
    Anyone guess what song we're talking about?

A Wrigley Field tradition is "celebrities" singing......

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Fri, May 2 2014 9:58 AM

DaddysKat:
    SweetiePie:
    in 1908 a song was published that makes a request that is odd to me because I only sing it while I'm already there...Perhaps Sister Kat will explain....

Gosh, now there IS a question SP .... suppose when it was a 'new' song might have been different.

And DK, how can you NOT like "candy coated popcorn, peanuts, and a prize."????? (way too young to remember those ads, I am sure).  But you are right, ought to be mandatory if'n you go to a game you have to get a bag or two of the goobers.

Have a good weekend one and all

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, May 2 2014 10:29 AM

...like I was saying...can you imagine a ball game with Tim McGraw? I'm still new to the game but getting to know 1st base, 3rd, Homer...gotta love those Homers! A double-header, of course, would be required  ~ SP ~

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, May 2 2014 10:31 AM

Okay ... here's my birthday post for today ... 2 May, 2014.

On this day in 2013, this wonderful, sweet-hearted, beautiful, talented and extremely modest player joined the ranks of this crazy game!  (Me!  lol).

Today's Tributes:

• Louis Andrew Grammatico (Lou Gramm) is 64
    • For my FOP friends ... Lesley Gore is 68

Notables:

• singer Engelbert Humperdinck is 78
    • Wrestler/Actor Duane "The Rock" Johnson is 42
    • Soccer great David Beckham is 39
    • Race car driver Kyle Bush is 29
    • French singer "Lorie" is 32
    • Guitarist Link Wray (1929 - 2005)
    • NBA All Star Jamaal Wilkes (the Silk) is 61
    • Singer Larry Gatlin is 66
    • Author Dr. Benjamin Spock (not from Star Trek) ... (1903 - 1998)

Actors/Actresses:

• Pinky Lee (1907 - 1993)
    • Christine Baranski is 62
    • Theodore Bikel is 90
    • David Suchet is 68
    • Denyce Lawton is 36

Tribute Videos:

First ... from the lead singer of Foreigner ... I so love that "Cherry Red GTO" ... and the song isn't bad either ...

And for all you FOPs out there ... this should give you a ride down memory lane ...

Okay ... those old songs like the last one would drive me crazy ... but this game has made that unnecessary ... it's more like a short walk for me anymore!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!  It's POETS day here!

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, May 2 2014 10:36 AM

SweetiePie:

...like I was saying...can you imagine a ball game with Tim McGraw? I'm still new to the game but getting to know 1st base, 3rd, Homer...gotta love those Homers! A double-header, of course, would be required  ~ SP ~

Tim would be awesome ... just wouldn't want that "Faith Hill" fallout afterward!

If anyone should be acting, it's his wife, Faith.  Tim should stick to singing and struttin' around in those tight leather pants!  As a singer, top notch ... as an actor, I'd say ... don't give up your day job, Tim!

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Fri, May 2 2014 10:45 AM

newcastleb:
    a 'new' song

Take me out to the Golf course , Take me out to the Lynx ,

I dont care if its windy or not , It could even be raining a bit .

So its Putt Putt Putt for the 3rd time , after 2 shots from the trap ,

Then we will look for the beer cart ,  I got plenty of cash .

4 beers please and what ever my friends want , Here is a 20 keep the change Miss ,Then its off to pee by a tree .

I will see you all at the club house  , We will have a hot dog or 2 

Then its back     home      to the wife and tell her I was working all day .

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, May 2 2014 11:39 AM

LMAO Opy!  Good one!

FOP? Kat?  Fairly Old People?  Excuse me for not being hip.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, May 2 2014 11:56 AM

andyson:

LMAO Opy!  Good one!

FOP? Kat?  Fairly Old People?  Excuse me for not being hip.

Close enough for government work professor!

Just know, I use "FOP" as a term of endearment!  The way time flies, I'm not too far behind joining the ranks of FOPsville!

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, May 2 2014 12:04 PM

Nice lyrics, Opy!  Does one need to slur when they sing it (like "take me out to the ball game")?

RSS