Help › Forums

Happy Birthday

Wed, Jul 1 2020 4:32 AM (1,330 replies)
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Jun 3 2014 9:26 AM

WigerToods2010:

DaddysKat:
    Marilyn would be considered "too fat" today, Johnny!

S'pose it all depends on what world one lives in dear gal.

Gimme Dawn Frenchesque (Flour may be req'd) any day over the stick insect Kate Moss lookalikes.

No offense intended, Gentlemen ... I work pretty closely with the industry, and I know how the trend for women has become ... in the 50's, I'd be considered gaunt.  Today, it's the norm for what's considered "healthy".  Now if I would get stupid and buy a rack, I could be a Victoria Secret girl!  lol.

SweetiePie:
    I didn't see anyone or anything interesting to me prior to 1900.....

Found one for you ... Jefferson Davis (president of the now defunct Confederate States of America) ... 1808 - 1889

3 June 

Today is my Grandpa's birthday ... he would have been 101 today ... he died in 2009 at the age of 96.  A very wonderful man ... I wish his kids got to know him as well as his grandkids did!  

It's also my one-year anniversary of nearly making the biggest mistake in my life ... thank the gods that didn't happen!

3 time US Open Champion Hale Irwin is 69 today!

Tributes:

• Singer Ian Hunter is 75
    • The High Priestess of Rock and Roll - Lillian Briggs (1932 - 1998)
    • Saxophonist Boots Randolph (1927 - 2007) ... anyone recognize his #1 tune?

Notables:

• Singer Deniece Williams is 64
    • Curtis Mayfield (1942 - 1999)
    • Guitarist Kerry King is 50
    • Singer Lyfe Jennings is 41
    • Dr. Charles Drew (founder of The American Red Cross) (1904 - 1950)
    • Singer Suzi Quatro is 64
    • Singer Kelly Jones is 40
    • Race Car Driver Jamie Mcmurray is 38
    • Pianist Billy Powell (1952 - 2009)
    • Singer Aliyah Rabia (1930 - 2007)

Actors/Actresses:

• Anderson Cooper is 47
    • Sean Berdy is 21
    • Josephine Baker (1906 - 1975)
    • Tony Curtis (1925 - 2010)
    • James Purefoy is 50
    • Imogen Poots is 25
    • Colleen Dewhurst (1924 - 1991)
    • Chuck Barris is 85
    • Paulette Goddard (1910 - 1990)
    • Ellen Corby (Grandma Walton) (1911 - 1999)
    • Leo Gorcey (1917 - 1969)
    • Irma P. Hall is 79

Tribute Videos:

Most of you FOPs out there probably recognize this song ...

This one might even be before most of you ol' timer's days .... most definitely a first listen for me ...

And I'd be surprised if any of my EU FOP friends don't know this number ...

Here in the US, it's Tuesday ... Acronym for today is "Today Is Tuesday" day!

Have a wonderful one, everybody!

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Tue, Jun 3 2014 9:34 AM

SweetiePie:
    ISH, check your stock. 3 new balls.

Thank you SP..  MUCH appreciated!!   :)

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Tue, Jun 3 2014 11:23 AM

DaddysKat:
    No offense intended, Gentlemen ..

Dear Kat,

'Offended' - why would anyone be?

As you said you work in 'the industry', a superficial world that places outer, rather than inner beauty at the top of it's list.

Forums are meant for open discussions with varied opinions.

I don't need an apology from anyone that may have a different point of view  to my own - In fact, I positively thrive on here in such a scenario.

Keep the opinions coming - if others disagree, so what? The world would be a duller place otherwise.

'kn 'ell -  did I actually post that shite? ^^^^^^^^^^ 

Btw  the Boots Randolph video you posted will be my exit tune when the time comes!

I'm only sorry that I won't get to see the pall-bearers 'fast forwarding' up and down the aisle in nurse's outfits.

:O)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Jun 3 2014 12:13 PM

DaddysKat:

SweetiePie:
    I didn't see anyone or anything interesting to me prior to 1900.....

Found one for you ... Jefferson Davis (president of the now defunct Confederate States of America) ... 1808 - 1889

Oh...I was aware of it, but at times that old advice of "if you can't say something nice, say nothing" shows up, and I do...or don't, because I receive pleasure when I do. Exceptions to rules.  I've have read enough 'bout old Jeff Davis to say much more than simply he was a colorless, snotty, austere, arrogant, SOB with an ego to rival the size of 'Eta Carinae' without a personality of equal explosition, coupled with the notion that his gas smelled like CK1. On the other hand, a notable of June 2, Senator John Randolph of Virginia was able to escape my sharing of the fact that he was in life arrested of any sexual developement, impotent, leaving him beardless and with a high pitched voice. Woe be it to anyone who tried to embarrass him about it....and so, Randolph made it here clean and Davis, didn't make it, then did, by pure luck 

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Tue, Jun 3 2014 12:30 PM

SweetiePie:
    ps...I sent Toods Whipped Creme with a cherry on top for his execellent shot review.

Cheers 'Pie'

06.02.14 Promotion bonus received: 1 Criquet Vapor Ball (White) Promotion Earned 0 Cr
    06.02.14 Received whipped cream with cherry on top as a gift from SweetiePie. Received gift Free
    06.01.14 Entry fee for tourney June Monthly Tournament 18 Hole Entry Fee Free
    06.01.14 Entry fee for tourney June Monthly Tournament St. Andrews Entry Fee Free
    06.01.14 Entry fee for tourney June Monthly 9 Hole Unlimited Entry Fee Free
    06.01.14 Entry fee for tourney June Best of Par 4 Unlimited Play Entry Fee Fre
  • WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Tue, Jun 3 2014 1:32 PM

Jimbog1964:

WigerToods2010:
    Was a huge fan of Ms. Harry too as a youngster.

Me too.  I remember first I saw / listened to her was Denis Denis, and bought Plastic Letters very next day.  Had her posters all over my wall, and even had a mirror with her embeded in it.  Used it when I shaved once every week to make me feel good lol.

Jim,

Much the same here re Blondie. Know what  I happened to discover just the other week?

Denis Denis was actually a cover version of an original much older recording (Denise) by a different artist... I'd always thought it was an original.  

I'm loathe to admit how I found out  fearing  the young pups will 'set aboot me'.

It's on one of those Dreamboats & Petticoats compilation albums full of tunes from the 50's/60's... that I downloaded for my iPod.....  oh the shame of it! 

Jimbog1964:

WigerToods2010:
    Dawn Frenchesque (Flour may be req'd)

Plain or self raising :)

Unsure, but it comes in a fancy, blue coloured, diamond shaped package.

*whilst I am here.... fancy a game so I can pick your brain re the latest high level BB3wd? Can't dial it in whatsoever at the moment!

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Tue, Jun 3 2014 1:37 PM

duffer19:

hey! happy b-day to Wiger's baby girl! asesome :)  

and happy birthday to the icon that is WigerToods2010 :)

Only now noticing the above - apologies 'Duffer'.

Cheers - though I'm a tad worried about the 'icon' bit - wouldn't wanna be confused with The Man(?) on here! 

:)

* just treat my contributions here as nothing more than 'bumps' folks - it's all for a worthy cause.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Jun 3 2014 2:00 PM

WigerToods2010:
    As you said you work in 'the industry', a superficial world that places outer, rather than inner beauty at the top of it's list.

It's more of a "leave when you're done" industry ... but I do understand where you're coming from.  Beauty ... that comes in as a pretty weak 2nd.  And since in my line of work, we get the wide-angle shots, it comes down to how well you can spar, jump out a window or fall off a bicycle than how nice you look in a dress!

In the modeling industry, it's now more "tall, stick figures" you see flaunting the designer's wears.  Pretty much the same thing with fitness.

WigerToods2010:

Btw  the Boots Randolph video you posted will be my exit tune when the time comes!

I'm only sorry that I won't get to see the pall-bearers 'fast forwarding' up and down the aisle in nurse's outfits.

lol ... I'll be sure to tell them to prop you up beside the jukebox at your wake!

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Tue, Jun 3 2014 3:11 PM

SweetiePie:
     I've have read enough 'bout old Jeff Davis to say much more than simply he was a colorless, snotty, austere, arrogant, SOB with an ego to rival the size of 'Eta Carinae' without a personality of equal explosition, coupled with the notion that his gas smelled like CK1.

For cryin out loud SP, will you please stop writing in such an obscure fashion and just say what you're thinking!!   :)

Thomas

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Jun 3 2014 5:20 PM

newcastleb:

For cryin out loud SP, will you please stop writing in such an obscure fashion and just say what you're thinking!!   :)

Thomas

Historians tend to make him out to be a real bad guy instead of just a terrible leader.  Nothing different between him and, say, Barack Obama ... he was just on the losing end.

RSS