Forums

Help › Forums

Happy Birthday

Wed, Jul 1 2020 4:32 AM (1,330 replies)
  • josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 4:25 PM

Here's one I remember from way back in the 70's.  Makes you laugh.

[View:http://www.wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/:450:0]

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Wed, Apr 9 2014 7:54 AM

nice vid joe!   9 April birthdays:

Since I'm beating you to the punch today, SP, I'll leave "the Hef" and "Curly" for you ...

Tribute:

Tom Lehrer is 86 today ... I remember the first song (below) from my high school chemistry class.  He's listed as a "singer", but he was a noted math professor at the University of California, Santa Cruz until he retired.  He strikes me like someone I wish I had ... check out "New Math" ... so easy, only a child can do it!

Notables:

• Comedian Avery Schreiber (1935 - 2002) ... I remember him from potato chip commercials.

Actors/Actresses:

• Kristen Stewart is 24
    • Jenna Jameson is 40
    • Dennis Quaid is 60
    • Jay Baruchel is 32
    • Paulina Porizkova is 49
    • Ward Bond (1903 - 1960) ... famous for some old western ... Gunsmoke? Wagon Train? or was it Rawhide?
    • Mark Pellegrino is 49
    • Jay Chandreskhar is 46

Today's tribute:

This first song was one we attempted to learn in Chemistry ... several succeeded, but I didn't ... I found it easier to memorize the Elements based on their atomic weight ... but the song is quite fun ... enjoy:

This next song ... new math ... Tom sure makes math sound easy, doesn't he?

Finally ... here's a song for arguably the most popular person celebrating a birthday today ...

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Apr 9 2014 9:07 AM

Thanks Kat, I'll take "Curly", but pass & leave "Hef" for someone who cares...lol

April 9

1952 - Severiano Ballasteros

1336 - Tamerlane, Turkic Conqueror

1597 - John Davenport, Connecticut Pioneer

1649 - James Scott, Duke of Monmouth and bâstard son of King Charles II

1794 - Theobald Boehm, inventor of the modern flute

1806 - Isambard Brunel, designer of 1st transatlantic steamer

1835 - Leopold II, King of Belgians

1867 - Chris Watson, third Prime Minister of Australia

1889 - Efram Zimbalist, violinist/composer

1898 - Earl "Curly" Lambeau, NFL COACH ("Go Packers!") & Thanks again Kat!

and

in 1413, the coronation of England's King Henry V took place in Westminster Abbey

in 1682, French exolorer Robert de La Salle claimed the Mississippi River Basin for France

This is a wonderful, huge week for us golf lovers, yes?

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Wed, Apr 9 2014 10:24 AM

Okay SP ... I'll post for the man who made the "average beauty" long for a bit more ... I'm certain the plastic surgery community love him ... the US alone probably has enough implants now to cover the state of Rhode Island!  Maybe even more.

So who is this Hef I speak of?  Well, the founder of Playboy Magazine, of course.  Hugh Hefner is 88 today!  

As smùt mags go, his is really tame.  But he is a huge contributor to "Smùt" nonetheless!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Edit:  Love how they censored "Smùt" ... lol.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 6:46 AM

Bond = Wagon Train

April 10

401 - Theodosius II, the younger, Eastern Roman Emperor

1512 - James V, King of Scots

1583 - Hugo Grotius, Holland, father of international law

1783 - Hortense de Beauharnais, French Queen of Netherlands

1794 - Matthew Perry, Commodore opened Japan

1796 - James Bowie, American pioneer and soldier

1827 - Lewis Wallace, Major General

1829 - William Booth. founder Salvation Army

1847 - Joseph Pulitzer, Hubgary, publisher

1880 - Mohammed Nadir Shah, Afghan King0

Round One...Awesome! May we all enjoy! see ya

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 8:05 AM

10 April -

Today's Tribute - Brian Setzer is 55 today.  He gained popularity in his Rockabilly band, "The Stray Cats" and now performs with his orchestra.  

Notables:

Retired NFL coach and sportscaster John Madden turns 78 today.

Musicians/Singers:

• Singer Mandy Moore is 30
    • Singer AJ Michalka is 23
    • Pianist Andrew Dost is 31
    • Singer Sophie Ellis-Bextor is 35
    • Singer Liz McClarnon is 33

Actors/Actresses:

• Steven Segal is 62
    • Haley Joel Osment is 26
    • Omar Sharif is 82
    • Chuck Connors (The Rifleman) (1921-1992)
    • Harry Morgan (TV Show M.A.S.H.) (1915 - 2011)
    • Max Von Sydow is 85
    • Orlando Jones is 46
    • Olivia Brown is 54
    • Dean Norris is 51
    • Peter MacNicol is 60

Today's tribute:

Please tell me it was just these guys that styled their hair like this in the early 80's ...

A little more recent ... Justin Bieber, you got nothin' on this cat ...

Looks like it's going to be wonderful weather in Augusta this weekend.  I've got $20 on Harris English to make it in the top 5!  

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 9:02 AM

As usual, good tunes by Kat. Hey Kat, I think your talking double sawbuck sounds like old' toothless talking shit. Oh did you notice that Segal looks more and more like Bela Lugosi everyday?

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 9:26 AM

SweetiePie:

As usual, good tunes by Kat. Hey Kat, I think your talking double sawbuck sounds like old' toothless talking shit. Oh did you notice that Segal looks more and more like Bela Lugosi everyday?

My bet is (1) If Harris English gets in the top 5, I win straight up ... if he doesn't but beats Ricky Fowler, I win.  If he doesn't do either, I cough up $20 ... sounds like a sure win for me!  Fowler sucks!

Yeah ... Seagal is getting a bit long in the tooth, but I wouldn't want to be on his bad side ... even today.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 4:25 PM

OOH! I wish I could have some of that activity. The bet not Segal

DaddysKat:

SweetiePie:

My bet is (1) If Harris English gets in the top 5, I win straight up ... if he doesn't but beats Ricky Fowler, I win.  If he doesn't do either, I cough up $20 ... sounds like a sure win for me!  Fowler sucks!

Yeah ... Seagal is getting a bit long in the tooth, but I wouldn't want to be on his bad side ... even today.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 5:02 PM

SweetiePie:

OOH! I wish I could have some of that activity. The bet not Segal

DaddysKat:

SweetiePie:

Fowler did well today ... shot a 1 under.  My boy Harris didn't do so well with the later tee time.  I can now only hope Fowler does his usual choke ... I'd hate to think that I put the "Kat Hex" on Harris.

I bet the Broncos to win the superbowl because I simply hate the Broncos!  The way my NFL betting was going last season, it seemed like a sure thing for Seattle to win if I dropped some money on the Broncos.  Now I'm afraid I might have cursed Harris English ... should have thought about it and took Fowler.  English might have came in first place!

RSS