Forums

Help › Forums

Happy Birthday

Wed, Jul 1 2020 4:32 AM (1,330 replies)
  • duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Thu, May 29 2014 9:50 AM

thanks Kat & Sweetie - pretty sure I am OCD when it comes to a clean wall - odd since I post here ........way too flippin much - and don't have any replays saved.  If I get anything worth while I'll share it - but it's not looking good lol.

cheers - and love the tribute vids too. woot.  sorry i missed this thread until late April.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, May 29 2014 1:40 PM

SweetiePie:
    !N $h0Ck~~~|||~~~no Billy Vera from Sister Kat...

I didn't have him on my "Famous Birthday list" ... sorry ...

Just for you sis ... a bit belated, but ...

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, May 29 2014 1:59 PM

Okay ... now on to my daily duty ... (lmao ... Wreck-it Ralph just came to mind).

29 May ...

A very special tribute to a former US President, John F. Kennedy ... (1917 - 1963)

Today's tributes:

• Actor/Comedian Bob Hope (1903 - 2003)
    • Singer Melissa Etheridge is 53

Notables:

• Comedian Daniel Tosh is 39
    • Singer Melanie Janine Brown is 39
    • Singer LaToya Jackson is 58
    • and LaToya's sister Rebbie Jackson is 64
    • Guitarist/Singer Noel Gallagher is 47 (Oasis and High Flying Birds)
    • Composer Danny Elfman is 61
    • Author Andrew Clements is 66
    • Singer Bayley Cooke is 51
    • Singer Karla DeVito is 61
    • Singer Francis Rossi is 65
    • Racecar driver Al Unser is 75

Actors/Actresses:

• Gregg Sulkin is 22
    • Brandon Mychal Smith is 25
    • Annette Bening is 56
    • Adrian Paul is 55
    • Perry Fenwick is 52
    • Anthony Geary is 67
    • Riley Keough is 25
    • Justin Chon is 33
    • Lisa Whelchel is 51
    • David Burtka is 39
    • Ted Levine is 57
    • Rupert Everett is 55
    • Tracey E. Bregman is 51

Tribute Videos ...

I'll begin with Melissa Etheridge

And now, one of the greatest American comedians and actors who spent several trips entertaining the troops ... Bob Hope.  He was definitely before my time, but thanks to television, not totally forgotten ... I'm sure many of you have enjoyed his movies and skits ... and even others may recall his hosting of the Academy Awards.

Anyway, I found this ancient clip of him searching for something special ... sorry it's not in color ...

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, May 29 2014 2:02 PM

DaddysKat:
    Okay ... now on to my daily duty ... (lmao ... Wreck-it Ralph just came to mind).

just in case you're wondering ...

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, May 30 2014 9:23 AM

DaddysKat:

SweetiePie:
    !N $h0Ck~~~|||~~~no Billy Vera from Sister Kat...

I didn't have him on my "Famous Birthday list" ... sorry ...

Just for you sis ... a bit belated, but ...

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2ur063fMhs:500:0]

Golly Gee...Thanks Kat...I do understand...Billy V wasn't what you call "famous" LOL

It was also perfect to note Kennedy ~ He wasn't in office very long, not long enough to have so much 'Greatness' bestowed upon him. Odd how times have changed. Although he was a Democrat, today he would be considered a right-wing Republican. To add, there is perfect truth, perfectly down played that prove that the kill shot to his head was not from 0zzie but from the Secret Service car behind him because of a clumsy accident when an armed agent re-acted to the 0swald shot (sound), stood up, lost his balance, discharged the high powered weapon and nailed JFK. The blunder explains all of the cover-up. Fact

May 30

1423 - Georg Purbach ~ Early German Astronomer

1524 - Selam II Sari, the blonde ~ Sultan of Turkey....a blonde in Turkey? hmm

1846 - Peter Carl Faberge ~ Russian Goldsmith & Jeweler

1847 - Alice Sophia Stopford ~ Proponet of Irish Independence

1867 - Arthur Vining Davis ~ CEO of Alcoa

1886 - Randolph Bourne ~ American writer not related to Jason

oh, bye the bye

in 1416 BBQ I, Jerome of Prague is flammed for heresy

in 1431 BBQ II, Joan if Arc is roasted in Rouen, France for heresy...the infancy of 'Haute Cuisine'

in 1498, Colombus & 6 ships depart for trip #3

in 1527, University of Marburg is founded in Germany

in 1539, Hernando de Soto discovers Florida

in 1806, Andrew Jackson shoots & kills Charles Dickinson, dead as a door nail, in a dual for 'dissing' his old lady

in 1822, A House Slave betrays Denmark Vesey which leads to 37 Black fellas getting the rope

in 1842, John Francis attempts to wack Queen Victoria

in 1848, Mexico sells New Mexico, California and parts of Nevada, Utah, Arizona & Colorado to the USA for a paltry $15,000,000

in 1868, 'Decoration Day' now Memorial Day is 1st observed

And in !883, a nasty rumor sparks a delirious stampede of New Yorkers believing that the Brooklyn Bridge was going to collapse. The stampede was able to produce 12 dead people. oh the rumor...what it can do. Another rumor says that 4 years ago, 0bamah put down his Kools and traded up to Newports.

It's a foine day..have one 

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, May 30 2014 9:59 AM

30 May,

Today's tributes:

• The King of Swing ... Benny Goodman (1909 - 1986)
    • Singer/Broadway Actress Idina Menzel is 43 today

Notables:

• Director Duncan Jones is 43
    • Singer Wynonna Judd is 50
    • Singer Im Yoona is 24
    • Race car driver Clint Bowyer is 35
    • Astronaut Helen Sharman is 51
    • Pianist George Clinton is 49

Actors/Actresses:

• Voice Actor Mel Blanc (1908 - 1989) ... back when cartoons were really funny!
    • Mark Sheppard is 50
    • Clint Walker is 87
    • Meredith MacRae (1944 - 2000)
    • Ralph Carter is 53
    • Ted Mcginley is 56
    • Jennifer Winget is 29
    • Jennifer Ellison is 31
    • Jenny Mollen is 35
    • Colm Meaney is 61
    • Ruta Lee is 78

Tribute Videos:

My first video is from the Broadway Actress and singer Idina Menzel.  She won a Tony Award for her performance in Wicked, and also was the voice of "Elsa" in the animated movie "Frozen" ...  sorry about the animated version of this song ... I just felt is was the best version of this song.

And now, The King of Swing playing a fitting number for any Friday ...

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, May 30 2014 1:57 PM

DaddysKat:
    And now, The King of Swing playing a fitting number for any Friday

That's a dandy....it raised some wonder...like is that Hampton on the xylophone...I'm sure a young Harry James pre-lip hair is there...drums, Kruppa? And Benny G...if he lets his hair go for a while, he would move to Kenny G....and what would that bit look like if they all fired up some meth before hand instead of the 'preferred' Mary Jame of the day? I prefer Bergdorf Goodman over Benny.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, May 30 2014 4:31 PM

SweetiePie:
    That's a dandy....it raised some wonder...like is that Hampton on the xylophone...I'm sure a young Harry James pre-lip hair is there...drums, Kruppa? And Benny G...if he lets his hair go for a while, he would move to Kenny G....and what would that bit look like if they all fired up some meth before hand instead of the 'preferred' Mary Jame of the day? I prefer Bergdorf Goodman over Benny.

I'm thinking Fletcher Henderson on the vibes ... but the other members, I think you're correct.

Benny Goodman ... I'm sure he'd be a lot better on the soprano sax than Kenny G.  Talk to anyone that plays the sax ... they'll tell you Kenny G doesn't play the tough numbers.  Candy Dulfner and Mindi Abair play the soprano 10 times better than Kenny G ... and neither of them consider the Sop their preferred instrument.

It's probably a good thing these members got drunk like God wanted them to do.  If they were burning weed or meth, I doubt we ever would have had such great tunes from Benny Goodman.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, May 31 2014 7:35 AM

DaddysKat:

It's probably a good thing these members got drunk like God wanted them to do.  If they were burning weed or meth, I doubt we ever would have had such great tunes from Benny Goodman.

I'm not high on Benny or Kenny. Just Bergdorf...if you screw-up there and ask "Whats the price of this?" they say "It's very expensive"  Great answer

May 31

1469 - Manuel I ~ King of Portugal

1557 - Feodor I ~ Czar of Russia

1640 - Michal Wisniowiecki ~ King of Poland

1701 - Alexander Cruden ~ compiled concordance to the KJV of the Bible

1819 - Walt Whitman ~ A poet's poet..."Listen my children and you shall hear...."

1857 - Pius XI ~ Pope

1898 - Norman Vincent Peale ~ "The Power of Positive Thinking"

and then...or then ?

in 1279 BC, Rameses II (the Great) becomes Pharaoh of ancient Egypt

in 70, Rome captures 1st wall of the city Jerusalem

in 1621, Sir Francis Bacon is tossed into the Tower of London for one night. Way worse than a Roach Motel 6

in 1665, rabbi Sjabtai Tswi proclaims himself Messiah....Yaw, you betcha...

in 1759, The province of Pennsylvania bans all theater productions

in 1837, The Astor Hotel opens in NYC....it becomes the Waldorf-Astoria

in 1868, 1st Memorial Day Parade in Irontown, Ohio ( I call it Decoration Day )

in 1879, Madison Square Garden opens in the "Apple"...named for our best and most valuble Founding Father, James Madison

in 1889, Johnstown Flood does the job on 2,209 souls in Pennsylvania

It's the end of the line forever for May, 2014

BYE

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, May 31 2014 2:49 PM

31 May

Today, being the birthdate of Walt Whitman, I'd love to share a few of his quotes ...

• After you have exhausted all there is in Business, Politics, Conviviality and so-on - have found that none of these satisfy, or permanently wear - what remains?  Nature remains.

• Have you learned the lessons only of those who admired you, and were tender with you, and stood aside for you?  Have you not learned great lessons from those who braced themselves against you, and disputed passage with you?

• I no doubt deserved my enemies, but I don't believe I deserved my friends.

Today's tributes:

Occasionally, I'll take an actor/actress and put them on the tribute ... today, I just have to give kudos to this actor ... Clint Eastwood is 84 today!  (If you are sensitive to adult oriented language, please don't watch the video).

Also ... a great carburetor rebuilding tune sung by Corey Heart, who's 52 today.

Notables:

• Drummer John Bonham (1948 - 1980)
    • NFL All Star "Broadway" Joe Namath is 71
    • Peter Yarrow is 76 ... anyone remember "Puff the magic dragon"
    • Take this job and shove it ... Johnny Paycheck (1938 - 2003)

Actors/Actresses:

• Colin Farrell is 38
    • Brooke Shields is 49
    • Jason Smith is 30
    • Lea Thompson is 53
    • Eric Christian Olsen is 37
    • Hugh Dillon is 51
    • Tom Berenger is 65
    • Gregory Harnson is 64
    • Chris Elliott is 54
    • Sharon Gless is 71
    • Don ameche (1909 - 1993)
    • Reggie Yates is 31
    • Jim Hutton (1934 - 1979)
    • Jonathan Tucker is 32
    • Roma Maffia is 56
    • Archie Panjabi is 42

Tribute Videos ...

We'll start off with the carburetor rebuilding tune ... Here's Corey Hart ...

And now ... one of the 'ol time greats.  Please, if you're easily offended by a bit of foul language, don't watch ... 

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Kat ♥

RSS