Forums

Help › Forums

Happy Birthday

Wed, Jul 1 2020 4:32 AM (1,330 replies)
  • duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Sat, May 31 2014 9:03 PM

SweetiePie:

Y0 ! Duff - ISH...Y0U TW0. If you post your best saved replay here, you have a chance to win a sleeve of Nike RZN balls cause it's your birthday! Offer is good til June 3....Newcastle won in April

Lily

hehe, this is the single best thing i've had happen on the course in May here at wgt :)

ps.......loved that eastwood clip - might have a mini-marathon here on the ole on demand.

view 3 and 6 is even fun too  ----- check it out 

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, May 31 2014 10:18 PM

Eastwood is my favorite Actor...  I have most of Vids. His old Sgetty westerns are fantastic.

Not forgetting his famous line...  It's a big Clusterf**k  in Heartbreak Ridge.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, May 31 2014 11:18 PM

mantis0014:

Eastwood is my favorite Actor...  I have most of Vids. His old Sgetty westerns are fantastic.

Not forgetting his famous line...  It's a big Clusterf**k  in Heartbreak Ridge.

My uncle loves Eastwood ... and I guess I'm a 2nd generation Eastwood lover now.  At first I thought the spaghetti westerns were a bit dated at first ... and so were the Dirty Harry movies ... but Unforgiven got me to really like him ... and I ended up going back and watching those spaghetti westerns again and really enjoyed them.

Some of my favorite old westerns he was in ... Two Mules for Sister Sarah and The Outlaw Josey Wales ... then there was that other western that was filmed at Lake Powell ... High Plains Drifter.  All great "flickers" lol.

New stuff ... Million Dollar Baby ... Gran Torino.  Just fabulous.  The endings weren't what I had expected, but really good.  I learned my lesson with MDB ... don't wear makeup when you watch an Eastwood movie anymore.

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Sun, Jun 1 2014 3:02 AM

Born on this day - 1st June.

1981: WigerToods' eldest daughter.

2010: Wigertoods2010 

Have a nice day y'all.

:O)

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Sun, Jun 1 2014 6:43 AM

hey! happy b-day to Wiger's baby girl! asesome :)  

and happy birthday to the icon that is WigerToods2010 :)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Jun 1 2014 6:52 AM

SweetiePie:
    The blunder explains all of the cover-up. Fact

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Jun 1 2014 9:04 AM

PaulTon:

SweetiePie:
    The blunder explains all of the cover-up. Fact

I know...I know...Sadly, it is what happened. Very buried truth that requires earnest digging...I kid you not..the agents name was Hickey. Dig

Nice dry by Duff

Spellbinding work by Johnny...really, really C00L! and may I ask if it would be possible, Sir Wiger, for you to do the somewhat same with the 10 replays I have saved? I would love it! Name your price....oh please...

And the work that Sister Kat did with Clint Baby was a delight...Gran Torino was so good, in my book and I so treasure the ending tune of the movie as jointly sang by Clint (nice job!) and finished by the awesome Jaime Collum...hint

June 1

1076 - Mstislev I of Kiev

1801 - Brigham Young

1890 - Frank Morgan ~ Actor ~ The "Wizard"

and as a bonus,

in 4,000 BC, best guess of when the horse was domesticated

in 193, Roman Wimperor Didius Julianusis is whacked

in 1215, Beijing is captured by Genghis Khan ( or as the lifelong social climber and pseudo 'somebody', John Kerry would pronounce it "Jen-gus"

in 1495, the first record of Scotch Whiskey distilled by the handy Frier, John Cors

in 1657, !st Quakers arrive in New Amsterdam (NY for the lame)

in 1660, Mary Dyer is hanged for being a Quaker in Mass. Bay Colony, which would indicate it was frowned upon

in 1792, Kentucky becomes State #15

in 1796, Tennessee becomes State #16

in 1862, $lavery is abolished in all US possessions

in 1880, census results = 50,155,783

in 1890, census results = 62,622,250

Happy June to everyone !

~ and Johnny, please...please....please!  oh, and if you could do it to "What a Girl Wants" by Christina A, I will love you for all time! Please ?

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Jun 1 2014 10:27 AM

SweetiePie:
    Gran Torino was so good, in my book and I so treasure the ending tune of the movie as jointly sang by Clint (nice job!) and finished by the awesome Jaime Collum...hint

Just for you sis ...

I found several "Gran Torino" tunes ... but this one has a tribute to Clint Eastwood ... from Childhood to Gran Torino".  Very cool video ... enjoy!

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Jun 1 2014 11:07 AM

WigerToods2010:

Born on this day - 1st June.

1981: WigerToods' eldest daughter.

2010: Wigertoods2010 

A very happy birthday to your daughter ... and to the various avatars you've sported these last 4 years!

Here's a vid for you  ... this singer/actress was also born on 1 June ...

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Jun 1 2014 11:31 AM

1 June

Today's tributes ...

• I can't give a tribute to Clint and leave "God" off.  Morgan Freeman is 77 today!
    • Also born on 1 June, one of my favorite C&W singers ... from the now defunct band of Brookes & Dunn, Ronnie Dunn is 61 today!

Notables:

• Supermodel Heidi Klum is 41
    • Singer Alanis Morissette is 40
    • Singer Pat Boone is 80
    • Guitarist Ron Wood is 67
    • Singer Jason Donovan is 46
    • Singer Brandi Carlile is 33
    • Bassist Simon Gallup is 54

Actors/Actresses:

• Marilyn Monroe (1926 - 1962) ... see special birthday vid posted for Johnny!
    • Willow Shields is 14
    • Andy Griffith (1926 - 2012) (Ron Howard and our very own Opy are his sons!)
    • Sarah Wayne Callies is 37
    • Brian Cox is 68
    • Teri Polo is 45
    • Tom Holland is 18
    • Danielle Harris is 37
    • Oliver James is 34
    • Mario Cimarro is 43
    • Adam Garcia is 41
    • Misty Rowe is 64
    • Edward Woodward (1930 - 2009)
    • Lisa Hartman is 58
    • Rick Gomez is 42
    • Powers Boothe is 66
    • Rene Auberjonois is 74
    • Robert Powell is 70
    • Joan Caulfield (1922 - 1991)

Tribute Videos:

Here's one from Ronnie Dunn ...

And now ... the tribute to Morgan Freeman ...

RSS