Help › Forums

Happy Birthday

Wed, Jul 1 2020 4:32 AM (1,330 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 8:05 AM

DaddysKat:

newcastleb:

For cryin out loud SP, will you please stop writing in such an obscure fashion and just say what you're thinking!!   :)

Thomas

Historians tend to make him out to be a real bad guy instead of just a terrible leader.  Nothing different between him and, say, Barack Obama ... he was just on the losing end.

Oh Thomas, durn, I know it, I'm sorry. You are correct. I need to be more direct, more blunt, more opinionated and less shy.

And, of course, Dear Sister Kat is, as usual, right on the money. Especially with 'Bama Pie'. I heard of a novel suggestion that he simply follow the US Constitution instead of circumventing it...like he promised to obey when he placed his hand on the old historic "Abe Lincoln Bible" and took his oath of office. But, as far as he is convinced, he is the recipient of that "one in a skillion brain" able to trump the minds of "Franklin, Jefferson, Madison, Washington, Hamilton, etc.....and why not, after all his vast experience and success with teaching college, organizing communities, brief moments as state senator. US senator coupled with a foundation from Hawaii then Chicago while cleverly avoiding any actual job in anything, again, why not?  Everyone is on pins & needles waiting for him to do at least one thing right.

June 4

1394 - Philippe of England ~ Queen of Denmark, Norway & Sweden

1489 - Antoine ~ Duke of Lorraine

1604 - Claudia de' Medici ~ Grand Duchess of Tuscany

1738 - George III King of England ~ yes that George, the one who was never told what to do since birth...King. The one who must have fainted after reading the Declaration of Independence that told him what was up concerning the future of the low life American Colony subjects under his complete rule. It is no wonder he unded-up in a strait-jacket. Bye Georgie

~and as added attractions, or not

In 781 BC, the oldest recorded Solar Eclipse in China happened...I wonder what millions of entirely uneducated peasants made of it and how many retinas were toasted

in 1070, Roquefort cheese is created in a cave near Roquefort, France, which begs the question: Top Shelf Roquefort or Rosenberg Blue ?

in 1391, a mob, led by Ferrard Martinez surrounds & sets fire to the Jewish quarter of Seville, Spain. The lucky survivers were sold into slavery

in 1789, the US Constitution goes into effect...the difficult journey to make it happen is amazing and loaded with intrigue...the first experiment to allow humans to live free & call their own shots....as said " not perfect, but still the best"

in 1892, Oil City & Titusville Penn destroyed by an oil tank explosion and fries 130 souls

in 1897, Henry Ford takes his 1st Ford on a drive through streets of Detroit....poor Detroit. Will it make it back? No

Take care 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 8:05 AM

DaddysKat:

newcastleb:

For cryin out loud SP, will you please stop writing in such an obscure fashion and just say what you're thinking!!   :)

Thomas

Historians tend to make him out to be a real bad guy instead of just a terrible leader.  Nothing different between him and, say, Barack Obama ... he was just on the losing end.

Oh Thomas, durn, I know it, I'm sorry. You are correct. I need to be more direct, more blunt, more opinionated and less shy.

And, of course, Dear Sister Kat is, as usual, right on the money. Especially with 'Bama Pie'. I heard of a novel suggestion that he simply follow the US Constitution instead of circumventing it...like he promised to obey when he placed his hand on the old historic "Abe Lincoln Bible" and took his oath of office. But, as far as he is convinced, he is the recipient of that "one in a skillion brain" able to trump the minds of "Franklin, Jefferson, Madison, Washington, Hamilton, etc.....and why not, after all his vast experience and success with teaching college, organizing communities, brief moments as state senator. US senator coupled with a foundation from Hawaii then Chicago while cleverly avoiding any actual job in anything, again, why not?  Everyone is on pins & needles waiting for him to do at least one thing right.

June 4

1394 - Philippe of England ~ Queen of Denmark, Norway & Sweden

1489 - Antoine ~ Duke of Lorraine

1604 - Claudia de' Medici ~ Grand Duchess of Tuscany

1738 - George III King of England ~ yes that George, the one who was never told what to do since birth...King. The one who must have fainted after reading the Declaration of Independence that told him what was up concerning the future of the low life American Colony subjects under his complete rule. It is no wonder he unded-up in a strait-jacket. Bye Georgie

~and as added attractions, or not

In 781 BC, the oldest recorded Solar Eclipse in China happened...I wonder what millions of entirely uneducated peasants made of it and how many retinas were toasted

in 1070, Roquefort cheese is created in a cave near Roquefort, France, which begs the question: Top Shelf Roquefort or Rosenberg Blue ?

in 1391, a mob, led by Ferrard Martinez surrounds & sets fire to the Jewish quarter of Seville, Spain. The lucky survivers were sold into slavery

in 1789, the US Constitution goes into effect...the difficult journey to make it happen is amazing and loaded with intrigue...the first experiment to allow humans to live free & call their own shots....as said " not perfect, but still the best"

in 1892, Oil City & Titusville Penn destroyed by an oil tank explosion and fries 130 souls

in 1897, Henry Ford takes his 1st Ford on a drive through streets of Detroit....poor Detroit. Will it make it back? No

Take care 

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 1:22 PM

SweetiePie:
    ]I need to be more direct, more blunt, more opinionated and less shy.

Oh my SP, not at all sure these forums are ready for ^THAT^ - certain I'M not   pmsl

But this thread does make me smile, we get somegreat tunes (thanks Kat), so please don't stop it running.

Happy Hump Day one 'n all

Thomas

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 1:58 PM

My oldest daughter just turned 33 - where does the time go ?

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 4:20 PM

SweetiePie:

You say, "It's still the best", referring to the US ... I'd argue, but I think this clip says everything I could parrot ... It's very similar to Bill Maher's rant

(please, if you're offended by blunt, foul language, don't watch ... if you reside in the US, try to deal with the colorful vernacular.  I'm still a kid and I'm worried for me and the friends and family I have that are my age  ...

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 5:15 PM

4 June,

Sorry all ... very busy day today ... better late than never though!

Today's Tributes:

• El Debarge is 53
    • Michelle Phillips (Mama's and the Papa's) is 70

Notables:

• Singer Mollie King is 27
    • Singer Rainie Yang is 30
    • Drummer Zac Farro is 24
    • Singer Kasey Chambers is 38
    • Singer Melissa Molinaro is 32

Actors/Actresses:

• One of my favorites ... Angelina Jolie is 39
    • Russell Brand is 39
    • Noah Wyle is 43
    • Bradley Walsh is 54
    • Bruce Dern is 78
    • Parker Stevenson is 62
    • Keith David is 58
    • Dennis Weaver (Gunsmoke and McCloud)  (1924 - 2006)
    • Jordan Hinson is 23
    • Shane Kippel is 28
    • Rosalind Russell (1907 - 1976)
    • Dr. Ruth (Westheimer) is 86
    • Broadway Actor Sam Harris is 53
    • Oona Chaplin is 28
    • Scott Wolf is 46
    • Julie White is 53
    • Russell Hicks (1895 - 1957)
    • James Callis is 43
    • Michele Hicks is 41

Tribute Videos:

From the group, Mama's and the Papa's ... here's Michelle Phillips ... (she's the bony one Johnny) ... what's with the 60's through the 80's ... was there a shortage of hair sheers?

And now for the guy I tend to call "Captain Syrup" ... with music so sweet, it will give one a cavity ... El Debarge:

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Jun 5 2014 3:23 AM

DaddysKat:

quote user="SweetiePie"]in 1789, the US Constitution goes into effect...the difficult journey to make it happen is amazing and loaded with intrigue...the first experiment to allow humans to live free & call their own shots....as said " not perfect, but still the best"

You say, "It's still the best", referring to the US ... I'd argue, but I think this clip says everything I could parrot ... It's very similar to Bill Maher's rant

[/quoteWell...."not perfect, but still the best" form of government, which history provides no other example, when it (US Constitution) is obeyed and followed as written. When it isn't, or it is tinkered with or avoided or disobeyed, then it slowly becomes less than it is supposed to be. As far as Maher or a TV entertainment show is concerned, I'm certain that under any circumstance, they could never provide anything of actual value. Court Jesters are not my "go to" for knowledge, just hope of being entertained. I prefer stand-up guys over stand-up comedy. 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Jun 6 2014 7:18 AM

June 6

1502 - King John III

1599 - Diego Valazquez ~ Spanish Painter

1695 - Adriaen Valckenier ~ Govenor-General of Netherlands-Indies, Killed 8,000 chinese

1714 - King Joseph I of Portugal

1755 - Nathan Hale ~ Patriot who said "____________", {the first correct answer will receive a gift of balls}...state your choice with answer

1756 - John Trumbull ~ US Painter Famous for painting _____________( more free balls for correct answer)

1867 - David Abercrombie ~ Abercrombie & Fitch Founder.....(Men, wear "Fierce" by A&F to smell your best)

~ bye the bye....

in 1391, the inhabitants of Seville, Spain massacre 5,000 jews

in 1664, New Amsterdam renamed New York

in 1716, first slaves arrive in Louisiana

in 1816, 10" June snowfall in New England

in 1844, YMCA forms in London.... [strange song]

in 1850, Levi Strauss makes his 1st pair of jeans

Ahh, Friday

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Jun 6 2014 4:30 PM

6 June,

Belated birthdays for 5 June ... 

• Wanna-be a real sax player ... Kenny G turned 58
    • Singer Brian McKnight turned 45
    • Director Kathleen Kennedy turned 61 
    • and Broadway Actor Colm Wilkinson turned 70

Today's tributes ...

• some of you FOP's might recognize this singer ... Gary U. S. Bonds is 75
    • and Matthew Shafer (more widely known as Uncle Kracker) is 40 today

Notables:

• Guitarist Steve Vai is 54
    • Singer Tom Araya is 53
    • Tennis star Bjorn Borg is 58 ... I wonder if he was also assimilated?
    • Singer Gin Wigmore is 28
    • Guitarist James Munkey Shaffer is 44
    • Director Sam Simon is 59

Actors/Actresses:

• Robert Englund is 67
    • Jason Isaacs is 51
    • Paul Giamatti is 47
    • Max Casella  is 47
    • Staci Keanan is 39
    • Aubrey Emmons is 7
    • Ellie Kendrick is 24
    • Sonya Walger is 40
    • Broadway actor Harvey Fierstein is 60

Tribute Videos:

Although this guy sings FOP songs, he rocks ... I had a difficult time just picking one song ... hope you all like this one:

And I just love Uncle Kracker ... here's just one of his great tunes:

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Jun 7 2014 8:22 AM

newcastleb:

SweetiePie:
    ]I need to be more direct, more blunt, more opinionated and less shy.

Oh my SP, not at all sure these forums are ready for ^THAT^ - certain I'M not   pmsl

Thanks Thomas, advice noted and agreed...my lack of mature wisdom is to blame....oh, what does pmsl mean?

June 7

My Aunt Linda & Uncle John celebrate 51 years of marriage today

1778 - George Bryan "Beau" Brummel ~ London ~ English Dandy (what does that mean?)

1837 - Alois Hitler ~ Adolf's 'Pappy'

1840 - Carlotta of Mexico ~ via Brussels, Consort of Mexico

1843 - Susan E. Blow ~ The Mother of Kindergarten

1848 - Paul Gaugin ~ Post-impressionist painter from France

also ~

in 1099, 1st Crusaders arrive in Jerusalem

in 1340, Rotterdam is founded

in 1557, England declares *WAR* on France

in 1654, Louis XIV is Crowned King of France

in 1692, EaRtHQuAKe in Jamaica literally sHakEs & j0LtS the living daylights out of 3,000 moving all spirits into the next world

in 1769, Daniel Boone begins exploring Kentucky while 'swilling' a Mint Julep (jus' kiddin')(about the Julep)

in 1780, Anti~Catholic Riot! in London, kills hundreds....hmm

in 1832, Asian cholera, brought by Irish Immigrants ( this makes me sad being at least half Irish, but my Irish seed was here prior to 1800, so don't blame me).... anyway, it did the job on about 6,000 snowbirds in lower Canada

~ PS ~

on June 5th my Grandmother, was born 1918 ~ 2006, born into poverty, endured the depression, lived frugally, died wealthy. I loved her....~ SP ~

RSS