Forums

Help › Forums

hack/legend

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 16 2014 10:28 AM (9 replies)
  • johnabel1234
    146 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2014 5:59 AM

well i made it to the big boy tees at last. this will be an adventure i am sure. took a lil over 2 years to get here.any advise besides HEY ROOKIE GET OFF THE COURSE lol.i prefer to shoot stroke and alt. well i am going to go tee up for my first round from here.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2014 6:23 AM

Congrats john. Just have patience and all will be fine. You will wonder many many times why it became easy as a TM and now you feel like a Hack again. The little things you took for granted have a new mind of their own. Regardless of how many times you have played T greens in the past, they may seem different now. That may be just my own feelings but even an Idiot can have feelings. Any how enjoy the new views and best of luck to you.

Renni

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2014 6:28 AM

Fairways and greens. :-)

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2014 6:46 AM

congrats !!!  ..

enjoy the ride ... :)_~~

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2014 8:03 AM

johnabel1234:

well i made it to the big boy tees at last. this will be an adventure i am sure. took a lil over 2 years to get here.any advise besides HEY ROOKIE GET OFF THE COURSE lol.i prefer to shoot stroke and alt. well i am going to go tee up for my first round from here.

Congrats,    We all know how dificult it is to get there ........   You should be  proud .   Like all the other tiers  you have reached, it will take a week or two to start  getting to know  where  on the fairway and greens  you want to position yourself,   In my case up grading up my equipement   help me a lot.   Playing with other more experience  Legend  helped,  and i was not shy  i asked many questions  .       Good Luck to you  and  Bravo  again .                Frapp 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2014 8:08 AM

Bravo!

Increase focus and detail to putting...the ones that you have been dropping without much attention, won't. Lose all of the devotion to the precious score average that got you here, and just play...don't give your average a moment of attention for a while.

• DDRoss1
    1,809 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2014 9:02 AM

Congratulations, i was unlucky LOL enough to make it at Level 78, it was a strange ride at first, but it was a fun one. Just be patient, dont worry about that avg, that takes time to saturate, like 500-600 rounds and remember to have fun, its still a game.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2014 9:12 AM

johnabel1234:
    .any advise besides HEY ROOKIE GET OFF THE COURSE

LOL. Play lots of AS. Use the TM+ filter and you'll find yourself in a boat that's fast filling up-there's lots of new Legends out there learning the ropes this way. Ask questions during play and let the others know you want to learn.

Your 3, 4 and 5 irons now become important approach clubs-learn those shots. GL

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2014 10:08 AM

Good advice above...I'll just say, congrats and enjoy the view!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2014 10:28 AM

I enjoy the View sometimes. Getting tired of BA BA Walters and Whoopie. Oh hell this has nothing to do with this post. My bad, I'll move on now. Kids think I need an intervention, or therapy or a Frontal Lobotomy  or a bottle in front of me. 

RSS