Help › Forums

Chrome updating flash

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 18 2014 8:13 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2014 5:28 PM

How do i stop Chrome from updating the latest flash version?

Seems they updated yesterday which left game unplayable. Had to do a system restore to get it back.

Anyone got a tip for stopping the updates?

Thanks in advance

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2014 5:50 PM

[View:http://www.wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/Flash update - World Golf Tour For those of you who don't know,there was a flash update today. So if you use ... This is how to permanently stop auto updates in Chrome:. www.wgt.com/forums/t/156995.aspx:450:0]

^^ In search G..type in 'stop chrome updates'

disable chrome automatic updates

Gave up and went to maxthon, easy to tell it NEVER to update flash..had same version for 9 months now..gl

Andy

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2014 7:47 PM

alcaucin:

[View:http://www.wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/Flash update - World Golf Tour For those of you who don't know,there was a flash update today. So if you use ... This is how to permanently stop auto updates in Chrome:. www.wgt.com/forums/t/156995.aspx:450:0]

^^ In search G..type in 'stop chrome updates'

disable chrome automatic updates

Gave up and went to maxthon, easy to tell it NEVER to update flash..had same version for 9 months now..gl

Andy

Thanks mate i will try that. I just logged back on and the damn thing changed again...lol.

This new version is unplayable. I wish i could get Maxthon to work... i can't get a good meter using Maxthon. Tried just about all of them... Chrome seem to get the best meter for me.

Well not anymore. Will try above and hope. Because at this moment i can't play unless do another system restore.

Thanks mate.

Edit: Did another restore to get back to playable. Then did as you posted. You the man mate... it worked. Disabled the updates.

TYVM

• davefv82c
    11 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2014 7:54 PM

try komodo dragon it is another browser from google and we did not get that update today

and it works much better then chrome,just shut down the updates as soon as you download it,im going to go shut down my updates now, thanks for the heads up

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2014 9:04 PM

geraldlarousse:
    it worked. Disabled the updates.

Happy....games hard enough with a smooth meter ! :-))

• ScottHope
    10,361 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 1:53 AM

I have stopped Chrome from updating automatically by disabling the update plugin. But when an update is available I still get a notification pop-up every time I open or close Chrome. Can this be disabled through the task scheduler as I don't like messing with the registry?

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 2:28 AM

ScottHope:

I have stopped Chrome from updating automatically by disabling the update plugin. But when an update is available I still get a notification pop-up every time I open or close Chrome. Can this be disabled through the task scheduler as I don't like messing with the registry?

Don't know Scott, because i don't know much. But not to long ago i had problems and installed a earlier version of flash on Chrome. Like you said every time i opened would get a notification to get new version.

This time i restore back to earlier date to get the last version before this last update. Then i went to the link above Andy posted. From there got another link to how to disable. They had a quick download to install on desktop. Once double clicked disabled update in registry.

I do know it works,, because every time i rebooted before would change to new version. Now is staying and not getting any notification.

chrome manual updates.reg

Link above mate

• ScottHope
    10,361 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 3:51 AM

Thanks for the link G. I have disabled all the Chrome updates that I can find in the task scheduler so if that fails to stop the update notifications that I get then I might try the registry tweak.

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 4:59 AM

If you folks have found a solution that works then great.  If not, the following works fine this end:

I have a shortcut on my desktop that, once clicked, opens wgt on the game client.

I use an ancient stand alone version of flash player with the up to date pep version contained within chrome disabled.

To stop the 'Your flash player is out of date' pop up appearing and to allow the old flash to run fine I added  a 'flag' to the target box of the aforementioned chrome shortcut. 

To clarify:

Chrome Address before:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" 

After adding 'flag':

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --allow-outdated-plugins

Works fine for me even if Chrome itself updates.

I can, but prefer not to, manually edit the register whenever poss.

*if trying the above ensure you type a blank space directly after the original Chrome address.

• PAGES
RSS