Help › Forums

Shot Lessons From WGT Members

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 4 2014 10:27 AM (34 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Jan 20 2014 8:33 AM

courteneyfish:

I've read that you need a calculator to play this game, well I don't use one. I've read that you need shot-pal and putter-pal but I don't use them either.

The other day someone said that the most important thing was to know when to pitch and when to chip, well I never use either shot.

Oh, and it's a golden rule to dial in all of your clubs. I've never bothered.

It is likely there are new players who will resonate with your "unencumbered" methods courteney.  Your stats indicate an outstanding short game.  I for one am interested in what you use other than pitch or chip, and how do you set the power of your shots without a guide.

Please pick the shot under question or any shot you wish and describe your methods that give such excellent results. 

And help new players who don't feel right using a calculator or shot pal in the game.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Jan 20 2014 8:42 AM

It's full, flop or punch for me. I find them more accurate. You can flop down to 5 yards and use full down to 12. The flop shot is essential on Champ greens, on really steep ones you can do a flop and run. 

I'd use a full shot from there at Bethpage. I'll go and try it on a single hole but I can't do the fancy graphics. Back soon.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Jan 20 2014 8:50 AM

replay.aspx?ID=119f6e1c 267d 47e5 90f1 a2b900ede8e3

It doesn't always go in. I've made up a scale by knocking up a graph and a 28 yard full shot is 10 on a 15 scale.

• keidan
    311 Posts
    Mon, Jan 20 2014 9:09 AM

daddd1:

As I have tried convey before, I cannot play  single holes, clicking on golf courses shown has no effect!

The top 2 CTTH format (Pebble and Harbor) courses do not have individual hole access, but the other 8 stroke play courses do.  -Keith

• daddd1
    171 Posts
    Mon, Jan 20 2014 10:14 AM

keidan:

daddd1:

As I have tried convey before, I cannot play  single holes, clicking on golf courses shown has no effect!

The top 2 CTTH format (Pebble and Harbor) courses do not have individual hole access, but the other 8 stroke play courses do.  -Keith

No dice, none work. It used to work until I got win 8, now nothing.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Jan 20 2014 10:47 AM

courteneyfish:

Good to know you're human! LOL

courteneyfish:
    I've made up a scale by knocking up a graph and a 28 yard full shot is 10 on a 15 scale.

So 2/3 power.  How do you know 10 of 15 is 28yds with your 50 yard wedge?  Memory (my weak point) or notes (I need them)

Thanks for doing the shot btw!

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Jan 20 2014 10:58 AM

Anyone can plot a graph as it's only 3 lines. The 15 is obviously full and I just used the lowest yardage that looked stable which was 12 yards then joined them up. I added and deducted a bit here and there while I was playing (I never practice) as I found the slant wasn't a straight line.

I did this over a year ago and I've changed clubs a few times but it still seems pretty accurate.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Jan 20 2014 7:13 PM

What I don't get is the significance of 15 courteney.  "a 28 yard full shot is 10 on a 15 scale". Do you have a scale by your meter with 15 lines?

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Jan 20 2014 8:31 PM

I made a 15 line transparent image, then I took the Wigertoods % image and cut it in half with the shot power % offset  on top of my line image so the % #'s were in my power meter with the lines just below it, then use the "desktop logo" program to position it over the game page....

Frankly!!! I would be dead without it LOL, props to the people who don't use anything....

• keidan
    311 Posts
    Mon, Jan 20 2014 10:24 PM

daddd1:

keidan:

daddd1:

No dice, none work. It used to work until I got win 8, now nothing.

Don't know if you've tried different browsers, flash versions, clearing caches etc... short of that, contacting the staff with a screen shot of what you see may be only option.  -Keith

RSS