Forums

Help › Forums

TOURNAMENT GREENS = INCONSISTENT

Tue, Jun 21 2011 6:02 PM (51 replies)
  • TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 12:49 PM

BolloxInBruges:

Are you guys paying attention to the wind?  Wind effects are much more pronounced on faster greens.

To work out how much, it sounds like people need to look at a practice round on something like the St Andrews front 9, with short tees and tournament greens.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 12:50 PM

Are tourney green speeds available in practice mode now?

• TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 12:55 PM

Sadly they aren't, so it rules that out. It doesn't make sense anymore for the tournament speed not to be available for practice rounds.

• racoondad
    322 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:07 PM

Quit complaining.

INCONSISTENT = You haven't had the green figured out

Been playing Oakmont a lot recently. I think I'm getting it figured out. The more I played, the more consistent my putt became.

If practice mode not availabe, go solo in ranked round and max out each hole. Nobody will blame you for quitting.

Just my 2 cents.

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:21 PM

racoondad:

Quit complaining.

INCONSISTENT = You haven't had the green figured out

Been playing Oakmont a lot recently. I think I'm getting it figured out. The more I played, the more consistent my putt became.

If practice mode not availabe, go solo in ranked round and max out each hole. Nobody will blame you for quitting.

Just my 2 cents.

Take your 2 Cents and stuff it, yes they  are inconsistent.  I've played more than enought rounds (3329 and counting), to know what I'm talking about.

• showtime73
    114 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 1:50 AM

iron..dont you love it when some1 with less than 10% of the rounds you have played tell you what the prob. is...wtf ..do these people not check who their talking to be4 they post

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 5:16 AM

showtime73:

iron..dont you love it when some1 with less than 10% of the rounds you have played tell you what the prob. is...wtf ..do these people not check who their talking to be4 they post

I know, those are the funny ones.  They all love to say practice and forget that this game comes with a lot of flaws.  Practice won't make up the extra distance off the tee for the legends.  Practice won't stop the deviations in the irons or on the green.  It's a medicine that we just have to deal.  As Iverson would say "Practice we're talking about Practice".  I'm over 3000 ranked rounds you think I'd know a little something by now......lol

• pluer
    142 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 7:12 AM

ouhh man, i would love to see that wgt smarties in SF how they would do a 120ft putt on andys 5, unmakeable - 90 meter ?  150 meter deduct 40 procent? I agreee with bolox - wind is affecting every single putt - i had this slight left putt with 15 wind from right - hit it excelent and here we come - my 160th 18feet eagle(after 10 days lol eagle break). I have no problems at all with 10ft or less putts, but if u have a 22footer and u hit it with 15 meter full - sometimes the ball goes 25, sometimes 20 with same wind, Im sure its the putter precision lol. Bul**** - we wan out very fast greens back

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 11:25 AM

Does wind affect putting now then?  Im only saying because im sure i read a post a while back where it was stated that this had been removed from the game. I have never wind adjusted a single putt since i read that.

I agree that the precision of the putter has a lot to do with distance control and that the effect is most pronounced on tourney greens. I bought the master redwood recently (after the update) and im seeing improved control in distance calcs with it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 11:33 AM

I read the same thing, Spack but then AvatarLee pointed out something to the affect that the longer putts were affected. 

Bollux-could you help out here?

Tx.

*edit-there's another thread confirming the wind affect but doesn't go into much detail.

http://wgt.com/forums/t/21695.aspx

RSS