Help › Forums

Unfairness or server lag?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 19 2014 11:32 AM (6 replies)
  • ronniefetters
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 2:36 PM

Dear WGT.com,

Your server(s) are not equal to all players. This is true because you have players shooting into the 50's and some players shooting 40 or below. I have spent numerous (what I consider) amounts of money on your supposed "free" game. And you have the "elite" players are earning multiple thousands of dollars. Explain this, You say that it is because of OUR OWN computers, that is the reason why it is lagging (The meter). But my computer surpasses your minimum requirements but still the meter stutters at times. So how do you explain that? WGT? Please explain this to the whole community not just me. According to you, the whole "Meter Lag" is us, not you. But don't ONLINE games require a server to present the game services to everyone? And servers tend to lag? Quit blaming YOUR problems on us. The issue is either YOUR server(s) or our computers. BUT I highly think a lot of the "stuttering" problems our on your side of fault. Now I know that some computers don't meet your standards, and that's one part of the problem, But it could also be your server(s) and the fact that they can't handle the load of so many players.

• hiflyer6
    68 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2014 7:05 AM

Yes 

You are correct,

But.  You could have the best computer, how good is your ISP (internet connection)

You may think it is good, but do a few tests when your meter is jerky or stutters..

eg,, goto to your command prompt and type in 

tracert www.wgt.com  and 

ping www.wgt.com

Now compare the results to when your game or meter works correctly. cause sometimes it does.

Make sure you have all the latest upgraded software, eg Flash, and Java.

Next, do you have an anti virus, if so make permissions for www.wgt.com not to be scanned or monitored, or even put into gaming mode.

Now if all of the above passes, then you can blame  VEM.

or complain to WGT.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2014 7:24 AM

ronniefetters:
    I have spent numerous (what I consider) amounts of money on your supposed "free" game. And you have the "elite" players are earning multiple thousands of dollars. Explain this

They are just that good. Working on your average distance to pin (16ft) as well as your putts per hole (1.76) will help you become a better player.

Then work on your ups and downs when missing greens:

Sand Save % 36.67%
    Scrambling %

42.69% 

It's not all meter, all the time!

Cheers,

b0gey

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2014 8:16 AM

ronniefetters:
    I have spent numerous (what I consider) amounts of money on your supposed "free" game. And you have the "elite" players are earning multiple thousands of dollars.
    First of all, ask yourself what you spent your money for. Is/was it worth it? Can you decide to continue or would it be better for you to change something, perhaps stop playing?

BTW: My reason is fun and the beautiful sights, and the investment of approx.
    10 $ per month has been reasonable.

Second, there ain't no real money in the game. The T&Cs state:

WGT Credits or Coins

WGT may offer in-game credits or coins (either for purchase or for free, at WGT's discretion) that enable you to participate in on-line games and purchase virtual merchandise and other items through the Site (the "WGT Credits"). By purchasing WGT Credits, WGT is granting you a limited license right to you to utilize certain features of our product and service offering as allowed by WGT. WGT Credits do not have monetary value and are not redeemable for money at any time.

Thus, showing $$ as earnings is against the T&Cs, nothing but an unjustified re-conversion of credits into money at a phantasy rate. IMNSHO, the company deceives their clients to think that there is money to gain - it isn't.

They show a fictional exchange rate of 100 : 1, same as the rate to buy credits.

Alas, the official exchange rate WGT => world can be deducted from the former gift cards which were dropped a year ago. Some were 300,000 credits for 500 $ (different companies), and 600 : 1 makes the Elite prices reasonable even today:
    14 $ for a towel, 20 $ for a cap, including shipping.

Even 1,000 $ for a foursome round on Kiawah look like a bargain - a single green fee may be above $300. Problem is the effort to pile up 600,000 credits, and for me, add the transatlantic trip to South Carolina ;)

• alpenpirat
    1,153 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2014 8:48 AM

I agree..

They do nothing. They are only talking about that the customers have to fix there computers. In this game are so many bugs, you cant account them. And all day is changing a nother part of the options. WGT is no more a game, only for presentation there advertising contracts. 

Gr. from Alps 

• Mumser
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2014 11:20 AM

My view:  walk away from the game until they fix the problems.

• alpenpirat
    1,153 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2014 11:32 AM

LOL..

No probs.. its all. good... i m playing relaxt and fixing my smile with nails on the table ;))

Gr. from Alps

• RSS