Forums

Help › Forums

Chatting etiquette

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 21 2014 5:16 AM (24 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2014 1:21 AM

I too had never thought about this - and as I have sound turned off, it  doesn't  distract me either (nor the flashing as I try to solely focus on the ding line).

But in truth I will wait for a player to play, I suppose a throw back to  real  golf and  etiquette.

That said when I play with a few good friends, I will happily type BEFORE they putt, HTF did you miss that?, or NT. 

And yes I usually get as much back as I give.Good times

• BubbaSauce
    260 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2014 3:39 AM

I played in a foursome last night and because of the chatting, had one of the best times on "the course" that I can recall here at WGT.

Everyone seemed to hold back as the shot clock got further down.

The banter back and forth was priceless though. It was a tight match most of the way and made for a most enjoyable experience.

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2014 4:03 AM

alanti:
    That said when I play with a few good friends, I will happily type BEFORE they putt, HTF did you miss that?, or NT. 

lol... One of my favourite recollections of playing alternate shot happened as I'd just hit my duo's approach @ Congressional #18 in dodgy wind conditions.

The match was sitting AS as one of our opponents lined up his shot. With my own ball safely on the green a few feet from the hole I typed and sent a message something like....

'Phew, that was lucky. Last thing I'd want to do here is HIT EARLY, get WET, SPLASHDOWN into the WATER,  and cost my team the match!'

... sure enough the other chap duly oblidged by hitting his shot exactly as described above to give us the win.

I'm not too sure there was a 'gg' message sent my way after my partner sunk his putt. 

:)

• SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2014 4:25 AM

A simple solution would be to change the flashing orange box to a static colour that doesn't catch your eye. .been asked for a hundred times before !!

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2014 5:16 AM

I  just ignore it .       That is why i am always late  to say NS ,NB  ect .....  or way behind the conversation ...  lollllll        .    I think its like all the Ads ,publicity , ect ,,,,   comes a time i only see my shot or what i have to do,  the rest  well i  dont see it no more .   Good day all.         

RSS