Help › Forums

Just My Imagination?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 25 2014 8:17 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • oldtwofeathers
    67 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2014 3:42 AM

Is it "Just My Imagination" or does setting the Flash Quality to "Best" slow down the meter? At least half a dot I would say! It states in the game settings menu under "Flash Quality" and I quote...

"Lowering the Flash Quality, will in many cases, speed up the animations during game play" 

So, if the Swing Meter is classed as an "Animation", does not the reverse apply? I don't run a particularly high end machine and the graphs card is nothing special, but doing this seems to give me a more consistently smoother, as well as slower meter performance!

I´m a level 89 legend and use G13D balls, these coupled with R11 Driver & 3Wood, RocketBladez Irons and Cleveland wedges means all my clubs run at the same speed and have the same forgiveness characteristics! 

So being able to slow the meter just a tad by using this method improves my all round accuracy and feeling of being "In Control"

Has anyone else tried this?

Or is it all in my head? lol

Cheers

OTF

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2014 11:43 AM

...can you imagine a world with no hypothetical situations...

• JasonNumber100
    2,908 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2014 12:18 PM

I'm trying to imagine that hypothetical world.

• TopShelf2010
    10,899 Posts
    Wed, Jan 22 2014 3:53 AM

Hmmm... interesting.

Think I will give it a go and see what happens. Just checked my settings and noticed that my settings were at "High."

Stay tuned...

• TopShelf2010
    10,899 Posts
    Wed, Jan 22 2014 4:21 AM

• vimse1952
    5 Posts
    Wed, Jan 22 2014 5:46 AM

I also changed it. But I am not sure if there is any difference at all.

But I do not understand why WGT does not fix the problem. It is nearly impossible to play.

At least they could give us some information about the problem. I have tried to read a lot in Forum but are more confused now.

Is it the update from Flash or Google Chrome. I use Explorer.

• snoops34
    2,694 Posts
    Wed, Sep 17 2014 7:48 AM

From oldtwofeathers

Is it "Just My Imagination" or does setting the Flash Quality to "Best" slow down the meter? At least half a dot I would say! It states in the game settings menu under "Flash Quality"

I began having meter stutter problems and saw this post. Then tried "best" and "high" to see if there was a difference. In my case, "high" was better but both are better than the lower settings. Try both and see. Also disable pepper flash from chrome if your using it.

My meter jitters were better but not quite solved. Then I checked the bars I was getting on my screen telling me if I have 1 -5 bars reception, like on a cell phone. I have a modem/router with Verizon wireless and notice that the antenna has to be checked before play because at 3 bars I get the jitters and with 4-5 bars it's good. With 2 bars can't even play the game. I now have it stabilized unless someone knocks it when dusting . lol

The point is that "high or best" flash quality plus reception make the game playable or you feel like throwing something. LOL.

• KellyGreer
    448 Posts
    Thu, Sep 25 2014 3:33 PM

I always change the setting to MEDIUM for the flash quality.  That works best.  However it always gets reset back to HIGH whenever I clean out the cache, etc.  So I'm always having to reset it back to MEDIUM.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Thu, Sep 25 2014 5:22 PM

vimse1952:
    I use Explorer.

For some, IE works OK, but it's actually the worst browser there is, especially for gaming. It can't use Flash alone (like every other browser). It requires the Active X (which is BAD). Chrome works well, but you need to disable pepperflash.

Here's a tip that "might" help with the flash player. The meter's smoothness is 90% Flash player, 5% CPU usage, and 5% connection (upload/download speed).

• tawney222
    23 Posts
    Thu, Sep 25 2014 7:16 PM

i see you use the wgt G13 balls. i have found that these balls smooth out and slow down my meter.  u give up a little distance and spin but the balls are the most consistent. "just my imagination"

• PAGES
RSS