Forums

Help › Forums

new balls for legends

Tue, Sep 7 2010 2:38 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 12:38 PM

Because us legends have to play in tournaments (ready go's) against all tiers, and people with same clubs on shorter tees, how's about introducing new balls just for legends...say a G14D, which gives us an extra 15-20 yards...does anyone else agree with this?

• GGLG2010
    22 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 12:56 PM

F* YES! Legend SD balls with 3 distance increments and at least 2 feel increments to help with the beastly new super fast meter clubs, Super R9 and i15. 

WGT, come on, guys, I getting so sick of requesting this, which is overtly or quietly in high demand!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 1:10 PM

GGLG2010:
    F* YES! Legend SD balls with 3 distance increments and at least 2 feel increments to help with the beastly new super fast meter clubs, Super R9 and i15.

Has the meter changed speeds between TourMaster and Legend? I'm understanding it hasn't. If that's the case, that it hasn't, asking for more balls to slow the meter down even more is unreasonable. 

What is unreasonable is asking a Legend to play a Tour Master with the exact same equipment to play from different tees. That is absurd unless you get hooked up with Bollux or ALee-then it's OK.  :-D

Seriously, I played in a MP game with a friend in the higher tier. It was awkward and extremely unfair. We agreed to end the match and set it up practice style. I wanted to play on his conditions (black tees, tournament greens) but that option is not available in practice mode.

WGT can fix this simply by defaulting the tee to the higher tier player. Then the game would be fair.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 1:18 PM

Im in with agreeing to a longer ball...but the spin and meter should remain the same as the tour sd-gi if your good enough to make legend, you shouldnt need a slow meter past what you get with the SD-GI  just my opinion.

• RampantFrenzy
    106 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 1:24 PM

you will have to be level 76 to use them tho...

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:13 PM

Level 76 sounds a bit extream ...unless you already own some..that should be changed..once you make legend, all equipment should be available.

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 5:15 AM

I know of at least one legend who could need some balls...

Doubt legends will get legend-only balls. They would have to be available for all. Perhaps time to bring in some brand balls though? I'm sure they would perform better. There is quite some distance to go within the 5-star framework.

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 7:13 AM

YankeeJim:

GGLG2010:

Has the meter changed speeds between TourMaster and Legend? I'm understanding it hasn't. If that's the case, that it hasn't, asking for more balls to slow the meter down even more is unreasonable. 

What is unreasonable is asking a Legend to play a Tour Master with the exact same equipment to play from different tees. That is absurd unless you get hooked up with Bollux or ALee-then it's OK.  :-D

Seriously, I played in a MP game with a friend in the higher tier. It was awkward and extremely unfair. We agreed to end the match and set it up practice style. I wanted to play on his conditions (black tees, tournament greens) but that option is not available in practice mode.

WGT can fix this simply by defaulting the tee to the higher tier player. Then the game would be fair.

Or it could default to the tee of the lower tiered player...H

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 9:13 AM

chrisironsbones:

New balls for legends

Good idea, they seem to have lost theirs. I tried for ages at the weekend to get games against them but they  were nearly all in here whinging.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 9:24 AM

piztaker:
    I tried for ages at the weekend to get games against them but they  were nearly all in here whinging.

I managed to hook up with a Legend friend this weekend, Piz-it was not fun. We both had the same clubs and I thought it was extremely unfair and awkward. We restarted the match as a practice round to get on the same tees. Unfortunately that had to be the Tour Master tees and greens because the Legend version is not available as an option (take note WGT, please.)

Yes, it's a challenge for the Legend but one of ridiculous proportions. I wouldn't blame a Legend for not wanting to play. 

• PAGES
RSS