Forums

Help › Forums

LEGENDS DRIVER NEEDED ASAP!!!!!!

Fri, Sep 10 2010 1:05 PM (32 replies)
  • MJS74
    341 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 7:55 AM

Birdwell....

totally agree re Kiawa back nine.  You must admit that 7 into a 30mph wind at STA is far different, and that on the whole, my points are valid re relative toughness.

As for 15 at St A.  Drive it as far as you dare, no matter what the wind hit a high approach that should land just left of the pin.  If you're lucky it'll end up 2/3 yds away.

• mrenn29
    380 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 8:21 AM

Guess we now know how Corey Pavin feels lol. 300 driver is not in my opinion realistic.Avg. drives on tour are around 280,285yd driver is more legit for us legends considering the tees.Just my 2 cents..

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 1:05 PM

mrenn, avg drives on tour are measured differently then how they are calculated here.  Ours are for every fairway hit on a all holes.  The PGA only counts 2 holes, that they choose carefully to be 1 into the wind and 1 downwind and the drive must be in the fairway.  Last time I checked many pro's hit strategic 3 woods to be in the fairway, which is going to take many yards off those stats but still keep them in the 280yd range.  Also keep in mind there are virtually no pro's on tour that hit a 3 wood 235yds, that would be the very least someone could hit one, with most averaging 250 plus.

So our numbers here are nowhere near what the real pros do.  the biggest problem we have here is that the Top 10% of players on this site that were put in Legend are now playing the same clubs.  That would be like taking the top 14 guys on tour and making them play longer tees then the rest of the field.

RSS