Forums

Help › Forums

Bad behavior

Wed, Apr 30 2014 3:06 PM (22 replies)
  • Crosshair22
    31 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2014 1:12 AM

I tried looking for somewhere to report players who abuse the chat box while playing. Just today I had to leave a match because a 2 players were being very vulgar and using real raunchy language. Is there a way to report these guys while playing or do you have to send information to WGT somehow?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2014 1:28 AM

Take screen shots and send to members@worldgolftour.com

Sadly not much more you can do. Luckily it is infrequent you run into these single digit IQ imbeciles.

• Proruff
    94 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2014 6:20 AM

alanti:

Sadly not much more you can do. Luckily it is infrequent you run into these single digit IQ imbeciles.

Unfortunately, it also sort of adds to the realism of WGT.  I haven't see anything in the chat window that I haven't heard on the course.......

;)

• SafariMan62
    222 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2014 6:27 AM

Crosshair22:

I tried looking for somewhere to report players who abuse the chat box while playing. Just today I had to leave a match because a 2 players were being very vulgar and using real raunchy language. Is there a way to report these guys while playing or do you have to send information to WGT somehow?

Understand your situation!.....What would be nice WGT,  if a player had the option of turning off CHAT completely.  And, I don't mean just closing out the chat box and not seeing the screen, I mean getting rid of it completely & not seeing that annoying ORANGE light flashing the whole game...Cmon WGT, how about that option !.....???  How complicated would that be for your software engineers?

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2014 11:26 AM

You find the flashing Chat tab annoying?

C'mon - How complicated is it for you to assume some adult responsibility and just ignore the flashing Chat tab?

To many people look to WGT and programming for solutions to issues few other players perceive as a problem.

• SafariMan62
    222 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2014 5:55 AM

ApexPC:

You find the flashing Chat tab annoying?

C'mon - How complicated is it for you to assume some adult responsibility and just ignore the flashing Chat tab?

To many people look to WGT and programming for solutions to issues few other players perceive as a problem.

• Crosshair22
    31 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 10:41 AM

Assuming that the guidelines for this site are what we all are supposed to abide by, I would guess it's NOT ok to use foul language in the forum or in chat. Offensive is what it is, A poor attempt at the English language. 

• THEWIPERS
    96 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 11:55 AM

Just stick a piece of already chewed  gum over the orange chat light then take it off after the round.

• Glenthorne43
    3 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 12:06 PM

Depends on what type of chat is going on. Banter, or "sledging" (which British, Aussies, and anyone who follows cricket) is all part of the game and can add to the fun. Swearing - well, that's debatable, but even the best pros in the world have been heard cursing and swearing when they're having a bad round..... so the odd expletive - or even a complete tirade of "Golf Tourettes" I can tolerate (and sympathize!) ; but if it's vulgar or personal abuse for no reason then it's off-putting and ruins the game. 

• THUNDERTOM
    382 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 1:59 PM

LMFAO    that   was   great. I'm  talking about  the  gum  thing.

RSS