Help › Forums

Stickin' it to the man

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 24 2014 2:52 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BubbaSauce
    260 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2014 9:56 AM

Why does every little issue with this game always come back to WGT being a bunch of money mongers who don't care about their customers?

If you're not a programmer, you don't understand how a large application can fall prey to small changes in one place affecting a seemingly unrelated feature somewhere else. In well-designed code, this should be a rare case, but it can still happen. You would also know that the larger your application is, the more bug reports you're going to get and all the new features your users want you to add. Which means you would also know about the struggles between fixing bugs and implementing new features with the finite number of programmers you have on staff.

If you've ever bothered to learn anything about business, you'd know that very few, if any, businesses survive by driving their customers away. You'd know something about income and expenses and how to maximize profits with the resources you have at your disposal.

While I'm sure I'll get flamed for being condescending, I'm confident it will come from people who don't understand business or software development, or both.

I challenge anyone to do a better job and actually succeed.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2014 10:07 AM

BubbaSauce:
    Why does every little issue with this game always come back to WGT being a bunch of money mongers who don't care about their customers?

Experience ?

BubbaSauce:

If you've ever bothered to learn anything about business, you'd know that very few, if any, businesses survive by driving their customers away. You'd know something about income and expenses and how to maximize profits with the resources you have at your disposal.

While I'm sure I'll get flamed for being condescending, I'm confident it will come from people who don't understand business or software development, or both.

Well ty for that nugget o gold......

I might be able to retire next year knowing that....oh wait, I did, 9 years ago.

Stop being so condescending !

Andy

• BubbaSauce
    260 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2014 10:46 AM

alcaucin:

BubbaSauce:

Experience ?

I'm referring to all the complaints that every time a shot goes awry it must be WGT messing with it and then the inevitable complaints about how WGT only cares about making money, and on and on and on.

They are endless.

I'm not trying to say I know it all, but being a programmer and understanding basic concepts of business, I'd like to think I know enough to allow me to understand what it takes to put something like WGT together. So when my putt rolls over the hole without going in or my approach shot gets blown 10 yards off line when there's no wind, I don't automatically think WGT is just out screw with me and take my money.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2014 10:49 AM

alcaucin:

I didn't see anything condescending about a logical opinion. We've both seen 100's of the posts he's talking about and both have had a go at them from his side at one time or another. I gave up responding to them because I get irritated at some of the ignorance displayed. What seems condescending here I see as sarcastic exasperation with some of the rather uninformed posts about WGT's thievery and such. JMO.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2014 11:02 AM

YankeeJim:

alcaucin:

I didn't see anything condescending about a logical opinion. We've both seen 100's of the posts he's talking about and both have had a go at them from his side at one time or another. I gave up responding to them because I get irritated at some of the ignorance displayed. What seems condescending here I see as sarcastic exasperation with some of the rather uninformed posts about WGT's thievery and such. JMO.

Not gonna get into a war o words with you Jim..you answered your own question.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2014 11:04 AM

alcaucin:
    you answered your own question.

Erm, what did I ask?  :-I

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2014 1:12 PM

alcaucin:

YankeeJim:

alcaucin:

from the greatest mind there ever was !!

Not gonna get into a war o words with you Jim..you answered your own question.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2014 1:29 PM

^^  jeez are u back..............

I'm off like Pavarotti after a custard slice..

Hasta nunca, mujer loca !!

• i1956eddie
    1 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 2:53 PM

only here to play VIRTUAL golf mate not to join a software convention jeeeez 

• Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 8:25 PM

BubbaSauce:

If you're not a programmer, you don't understand how a large application can fall prey to small changes in one place affecting a seemingly unrelated feature somewhere else. In well-designed code, this should be a rare case, but it can still happen. You would also know that the larger your application is, the more bug reports you're going to get and all the new features your users want you to add. Which means you would also know about the struggles between fixing bugs and implementing new features with the finite number of programmers you have on staff.

I challenge anyone to do a better job and actually succeed.

Well put, Bubba!  You and that Bubba Watson are giving "Bubba" a good name!  ;)

• PAGES
RSS