Forums

Help › Forums

Windows Remote Assistance

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 22 2014 6:51 AM (8 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,359 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2014 3:33 PM

Anyone one ever used Windows 'Remote Assistance' to give help to or get help from another PC user?

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2014 4:00 PM

Probably not the answer you are after, Scott - umm nope. 

Wish to try something? If so, let me know.

• ScottHope
    10,359 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2014 4:14 PM

I am curious about it but it's a bit late in the day now to try new things out so perhaps we can schedule it for another day. Thank you for making yourself available Johnny (that sounds very wrong, lol) to be my guinea pig though.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2014 4:14 PM

ScottHope:

Anyone one ever used Windows 'Remote Assistance' to give help to or get help from another PC user?

I've used "logmein" a few times.  You basically have control of the other person's computer and they can watch if they choose (or visa versa).  There are quite a few others you can use ... some will allow you to transmit your screen to the other computer (or computers) ... great for teleconferencing!

Edit:  You replied to Johnny while I was typing this, Scott.  Johnny's a great guinea pig!  He was my beta tester for my new App.

• ScottHope
    10,359 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2014 4:23 PM

Thanks Kat, that sounds more or less the same as WRA. I'm okay with someone looking at my screen on their PC while I'm in control but not so enamoured about allowing them to take control, hehe.

(...and you edited your post while I was typing mine out, snap! )

Johnny's picture worries me a little, it's that mad Jack Nicholson grin, lol.

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2014 4:40 PM

Scott,

Again, you'll probably be aware of it ; Skype allows you to share what's on your screen too btw.

No need for anyone to be in charge of your own bits & bobs.... unless that's ya thang! 

:)

• ScottHope
    10,359 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2014 2:02 AM

Didn't know that about Skype Johnny, but AFAIK it costs to use it and with my limted income that puts if off limits.  
    J

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2014 6:17 AM

Screen sharing on Skype is free Scott. And since it is in parallel with the voice channel you can guide the person on the other end telling them where to click etc.

• ScottHope
    10,359 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2014 6:51 AM

Thanks for letting me know Andy. I have it installed on my PC but haven't used because I thought it would cost me to do so. Perhaps I'll have a play around with it, cheers.

RSS