Forums

Help › Forums

Why Don't Most TL's participate In This?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 24 2014 2:57 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2014 7:16 PM

Dougie4042:

Lol, I meant that most of the big name TL's don't seem to like putting contests. Which is fine, but the leaderboard here looks like it always does, which is to say there are very few big name TL's.

~Cheers~

I'm a TL   not a good one but I survive....lol

I don't like the Ctth's, that's why I don't play.   14 points something for the winner is a great score....   but for me those points will be the 1st hole....lol

Now it's putting comp....    but it's pretty easy, with practice,  to get those points if you Chip.

Interesting to see if the same people on that leaderboard can putt like that in a normal stroke play game.

-Roger

• Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Sun, Feb 23 2014 12:24 AM

mantis0014:
    Interesting to see if the same people on that leaderboard can putt like that in a normal stroke play game.

Lol, of course not!

TWOMINUSONE:
    The 2nd hole is a lottery, and this game only comes into effect if that 2nd hole is holed.

Yep.  I've never holed it myself.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sun, Feb 23 2014 12:51 AM

mantis0014:

Now it's putting comp....    but it's pretty easy, with practice,  to get those points if you Chip.

-Roger

Funnily enough, i can put the ball beside the hole from 100 feet, but keep missing from 5 feet, lol. 1 thing i have noticed though, the putting challenge plays very differently when set up against an opponent, even with the same settings. I dont know why that is, but its true. As for chipping, only the 2nd hole. I always putt the rest of them.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2014 1:40 AM

TWOMINUSONE:

mantis0014:

-Roger

Funnily enough, i can put the ball beside the hole from 100 feet, but keep missing from 5 feet, lol. 1 thing i have noticed though, the putting challenge plays very differently when set up against an opponent, even with the same settings. I dont know why that is, but its true. As for chipping, only the 2nd hole. I always putt the rest of them.

Just curious.  Do the starting position of the ball change for every different putting comp.

I did say chip before, but if you start at the same place every time...  you can map the whole course and do the same putt each time, with minor adjustments

-Roger

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2014 2:03 AM

mantis0014:

TWOMINUSONE:

mantis0014:

-Roger

Just curious.  Do the starting position of the ball change for every different putting comp.

I did say chip before, but if you start at the same place every time...  you can map the whole course and do the same putt each time, with minor adjustments

-Roger

I have never seen the ball starting position change Mantis. Yes, that means you can map the whole thing. The only adjustments you need to make are for the winds, which can have a large effect on the results, even though they are only small winds.

But, (lets not open a can of worms here) having this thing mapped out doesnt mean you will eventually hole all the putts, as some days its impossible to even get close.

• PAGES
RSS