Forums

Help › Forums

Equipment Exchange During Practice Rounds

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 12 2010 7:04 AM (0 replies)
  • PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2010 7:04 AM

I couldn't find this topic covered (surprisingly)... if anyone has a pertinent link, please share.

In practice mode ONLY, would it be possible to allow one the ability to exchange equipment between one's bag and one's inventory?

Often, I encounter shot situations (while practicing) where I wish I'd equipped my bag differently. i.e. a chance to use a 3wood...as opposed to the 3hybrid in my bag; a shot where a different club would perform differently with the wind conditions present; a wedge-length approach shot to the green where I'd like to compare a "hit-and-run" to a "hit-and-stick" shot with a different club from my inventory; an approach shot to the green where I'd like to be able to compare the attributes of a different ball from my inventory... etc...

Being "practice", would there be any harm in allowing one the ability to swap-out their existing clubs/balls to better utilize this mode of play? Currently, one is forced to try to replicate a situation in a new practice round, after modifying the contents of one's bag. Most often, replicating that exact shot's lie and length is very difficult, (if not impossible - due to differing wind conditions during different practice rounds) and the necessary process of hitting a ball back and forth to setup such a shot takes away from the actual intended shot.

If this is at all possible to accomplish (through a simple programming change?), perhaps a future possibilty could be the ability - during multiplayer practice rounds - for players to "lend" a practice-partner one of their own clubs to try on a particular shot.

Again, if this has already been addressed, please point the way to its discussion.

Thanks,

PugsAce

RSS