Help › Forums

Good Taste, Bad Taste

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 25 2014 10:36 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2014 12:09 PM

At Costo, I picked up Tipperary, Irish Chedder Cheese, Extra Sharp. aged over 12 months, from Mitchelstown, Ireland...it's wonderful. On the other hand, my middle brother Jonny gave me a bottle of  Macallan Fine Oak, single malt, 21 year old scotch, and said " Lil', if you don't like this, you will never like scotch." Guess what? I don't like it.

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2014 12:33 PM

SweetiePie:
    Jonny gave me a bottle of  Macallan Fine Oak, single malt, 21 year old scotch, and said " Lil', if you don't like this, you will never like scotch." Guess what? I don't like it.
    So what is your tipple SP?i hope it ain't sherry,have you tried Taliska whiskey or Laphroaig,these 2 i think would change your mind,i prefer the Laphroaig,but only just.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2014 12:52 PM

SweetiePie:
    Lil', if you don't like this, you will never like scotch." Guess what? I don't like it.

Join the club, just can't get the hang of drinking Scotch. Now some fine whiskey, that's a different story. OTR, please, unless you feel like making a Manhattan, up.  ;-)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2014 12:59 PM

pdxdriver:
    So what is your tipple SP?i hope it ain't sherry,have you tried Taliska whiskey or Laphroaig,these 2 i think would change your mind,i prefer the Laphroaig,but only just.

I haven't tried either, but I'm willing to learn. I like Crown Royal pretty well and I think W.L. Wellers is a dandy Kentucky bourbon. I enjoy variety and new try-outs... just for kicks. And I still adore Coastal Chedder...LOL

• craigswan
    31,567 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2014 1:05 PM

Do you know why there are 18 holes on a golf course? It's because that's how long it took the Scottish inventor of the game to finish his bottle of whisky! .

• TDSLIMIT
    409 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2014 1:06 PM

Fireball  Whiskey.    Best made today   :)

• craigswan
    31,567 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2014 1:17 PM

"I Like my whisky old and my women young. "
    (Errol Flynn)

"Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough."
    (Mark Twain)

"I should never have switched from Scotch to Martini's
    ( Humphrey Bogart's last words)

"Whisky is liquid sunshine."
    (George Bernard Shaw)

"I just had 19 shots of whiskey, I think that's a record."
    (Dylan Thomas's last words.)

"We borrowed golf from Scotland as we borrowed whiskey. Not because it is Scottish, but because it is good."
    ( Horace Hutchinson)

"May the enemies of Ireland never eat bread nor drink whiskey, but be tormented with itching without benefit of scratching."
    (Irish toast.)

"There are two things a Highlander likes naked, and one of them is malt whisky."
    (Scottish proverb.)

"I love to sing, and I love to drink scotch. Most people would rather hear me drink scotch."
    ( George Burns.)

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
    (Max McGee - American Football Commentator)

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2014 1:29 PM

SweetiePie:
    Guess what? I don't like it.

ahhh....can i have you share then please?   :)

• craigswan
    31,567 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2014 1:51 PM

Alec Baldwin pouring infinite scotch whisky gif

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2014 2:57 PM

To pdx. craig and YJ...toast!

oh...I called my brother and said "dude, pull your head out. pdx knows more. Go to get Talisker...two thumbs up by Robert Louis Stevenson, no less. Also, bring a bottle of Laphroaig...it is the favorite of the Prince of Wales...go!" And YJ? I have never tried a Manhattan. Do I go with Rye, sweet vermouth, angostura bitters and a cherry? What is the combo? And craig...funny stuff! And Newcastle...sorry, no.

• PAGES
RSS