Help › Forums

Good Taste, Bad Taste

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 25 2014 10:36 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2014 3:25 PM

Hmm, talking about whiskey, have any of you ever heard of Banshee legend, a whiskey based Irish liqueur? I came across this about 2 years ago at a food and drink fair here in Dublin, but have never seen it again.

Doing some searching on it brings up little info, but i remember the cocktail we drank was this mixed with ginger beer, and 2 or 3 other mixers. If you ever manage to get your hands on a bottle, then go for it. I highly recommend it.

http://liqueur.findthebest.com/l/33/Banshee-Legend-Irish-Whiskey

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2014 4:25 PM

SweetiePie:
    I have never tried a Manhattan. Do I go with Rye, sweet vermouth, angostura bitters and a cherry?

As long as the temp's right, you can wave the vermouth bottle cap over it for all I care. LOL

Sweet vermouth with that cherry in a nice martini glass is a sexy looking drink.  Goes down nice. Gotta be Canadian Club Black Label 100 proof. Dem Canucks sure know how to make whiskey.  Witness Yukon Jack.   :-)

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 10:36 AM

SweetiePie:
    oh...I called my brother and said "dude, pull your head out. pdx knows more. Go to get Talisker...two thumbs up by Robert Louis Stevenson, no less. Also, bring a bottle of Laphroaig...it is the favorite of the Prince of Wales...go!"
    If i ever get the chance to go to America i will have to look you and your bro up,go out and do some serious tastings :)

Have a gr8 day SP :)

• PAGES
RSS