Forums

Help › Forums

WGT ......Is this the end!!!!!!

Fri, Mar 7 2014 2:26 PM (7 replies)
  • Mikey1874
    259 Posts
    Tue, Mar 4 2014 12:41 PM

Right WGT where do I start with the faults in this game today ....First of all I would like to say I have a good internet speed , I have played this game for 4 years without the glitches that my friends and I are having now. 

Ok so what is the deal when you get an Action Replay the game basically freezes up? For everyone I hasten to add.

Also after you have reconnected to the game its like playing on a Commodore 64 from 1986, its actually probably faster on the Commodore then, than it is now!!!

I like other people on this site spend a lot of money on this game ,which we enjoy immensely, the social interaction is great for a lot of us .

Now I like many others have came to a crossroads on this game, after each update there is something different/wrong. Why fix it if it aint broken!

I have one more question , the game is getting a bit stale with playing the same courses over and over again, We have not had a new course in like 2 years, you have the courses in your program so release them so we can play them.

Also WGT the feeling I get from some of the posts on here is that people are going to stop playing this game, which means lost revenue, lo and behold another decent golf game were to come along!!

Anyway on behalf of probably all the players on here I hope you get these issues  sorted out before more and more people get disillusioned with your game.

Yours

Mike Redpath

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Wed, Mar 5 2014 11:24 AM

Mikey1874:
    I have one more question , the game is getting a bit stale with playing the same courses over and over again, We have not had a new course in like 2 years, you have the courses in your program so release them so we can play them.

There is at least one new golf course each year (US OPEN) as well as some BEST OFs have been added as well in between. It seems everyone wants everything at once, then where would the anticipation be.

I for one am longing for Pinehurst, and the closer we get the more exciting it becomes.

Courses in your programs? LOL These courses take a long time to complete as well as a lot of capital (rumors of 250,000 per). 

Cheers,

b0gey

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, Mar 5 2014 3:00 PM

Mikey1874:
    We have not had a new course in like 2 years, you have the courses in your program so release them so we can play them.

You're obviously less than well informed.

In 2013 we got new courses:

Last March or so we got Merion in USGA US Open condition for 18 hole stroke play.

CTTH at Manele, and late in the year or early 2014 CTTH at Koele 

This year we have already gotten the front 9 of Pinehurst #2 for CTTH play, and in a month ot 2 will also get Pinehurst #2 in USGA US Open condition for 18 hole stroke play.

In process is 18 holes of Par 3's from the Bandon Dunes resort courses that we'll get later in this year.

Apparently, because of a recently renewed and expanded agreement with Pebble Beach, PB will be added for 18 hole stroke play several years prior to it's currently scheduled 2019 addition.

You might find this video informative regarding how long it takes to add a course:

http://youtu.be/M8h8XYbvum4

• Mikey1874
    259 Posts
    Wed, Mar 5 2014 11:25 PM

Ok , Apex so we got one course in 2013, as for the closest to the hole course how does that improve your average?

Hey if your happy banging a course in 9 shots , be my guest , I don't really see the skill in that to be honest.

Also , the Best of Par 5 and Par 3 course's are not ranked games so they cannot be considered new course's.

I have mused over this last sentence for a few hours , the conclusion I get is that you are happy playing the same CTTH holes as you call it, day in and day out ,

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Fri, Mar 7 2014 12:43 PM

Update from

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/223469.aspx?PageIndex=2

WGTdbloshoe:

Pebble Beach will be coming much earlier then 2019.  Has been discussed already.  Photographing it shortly.

- WGTdbloshoe

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Fri, Mar 7 2014 1:29 PM

Mikey1874:

Ok , Apex so we got one course in 2013, as for the closest to the hole course how does that improve your average?

Hey if your happy banging a course in 9 shots , be my guest , I don't really see the skill in that to be honest.

Also , the Best of Par 5 and Par 3 course's are not ranked games so they cannot be considered new course's.

I have mused over this last sentence for a few hours , the conclusion I get is that you are happy playing the same CTTH holes as you call it, day in and day out ,

Ah! New complaints.

CTTH has no direct impact on your scoring average, but many use CTTH play as a way to improve their approach and short game so they can score better when playing ranked rounds.

Your OP said nothing about improving scoring average or ranked rounds, and relative to the course selection available to us to play (ranked, applies to scoring average or other wise) only whined " the game is getting a bit stale with playing the same courses over and over again, We have not had a new course in like 2 years, you have the courses in your program so release them so we can play them."

WGT provides a singular, unequaled online golf experience and they are constantly improving the experience in a variety of ways. Because it is still in development there will continue to be issues, and I have said elsewhere on the forums that WGT needs to better test upgrades before making them active.

“You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.” ― Abraham Lincoln

A look at my Profile page shows I mostly play ranked rounds (tournament and multi-player) and occasionally play a CTTH game. I rarely play an AS game. I have never played a Blitz, RG, or MP on WGT.

Four new courses (1 a par 3 course which won't likely affect our scoring average or ranked rounds played) are soon to be available.

I have never gotten bored with the number of courses we have had available to use since i joined 2 years ago, and look forward to the additions of Pinehurst #2, Bandon Dunes, Pebble Beach, and Chambers Bay - all in the next 18 months or so.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Fri, Mar 7 2014 2:03 PM

ApexPC:

Update from

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/223469.aspx?PageIndex=2

WGTdbloshoe:

Pebble Beach will be coming much earlier then 2019.  Has been discussed already.  Photographing it shortly.

- WGTdbloshoe

That's what I'm talkin about! I been waiting for Pebble for ages.

RE: CTTH Pebble this months sweepstakes.  Why the hell do they have the shots from the Pebble Challenge in the Pebble Sweepstakes now?!@#$ That was my fav CTTH track. I shot in the top 5 last month and went to play my Pebble Sweepstakes CTTH and "POOF" they changed the shots. Its BS (not complaining or anything)lol

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Fri, Mar 7 2014 2:26 PM

Mikey1874:

CTTH shots are a great way to learn your clubs and how they react. Much better than any driving range would or could be. 

RSS