Forums

Help › Forums

tournement greens

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 14 2010 5:28 PM (5 replies)
  • Wilsonalumni
    1 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 2:49 PM

i just finished an 18 hole tournement on Kiawah Island that I paid 100 credits to enter. I had no idea what tournement green speed meant. WGT it is a totally bogus speed for the greens. I would put for 12 feet on the meter and the ball would travel 22 ft. That is totally rediculous. I would hit irons onto the green with full back spin and have them travel off the green and into the rough. What the he- double hockey sticks is that??? If I have to play tournements with green speeds that are super fast or like greased lightning then at least let me practice on greens with that speed!!!! Right now the only thing I can practice on is VERY FAST. Just something for you guys to chew the fat about during your next game update meeting.  Wilson Alumni

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 3:48 PM

Welcome to the green speed of all the legends.  You can't practice this speed but if you sign up for a stroke play game with a legend, the green are set to this.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 4:19 PM
    • Definition(s) of "tournament" greens. I recently played two RG front 9 STA w/tournament greens. Ok, no problem I'll adjust accordingly. But to my surprise all the greens were not tournament speed. Some were very fast, and even "slow" on others. I am not a novice w/this game and its "putting" irregularities nor in real live golf, with the understanding of green speed rating........ I need a definition of tournament green(s) pertaining to this game? Is it the speed rating "fassst"/slick as glass for all the greens or a crap shoot? Haven't experenced Hia or Beth yet. Any replies and or simular experences appreciated.  
  • restorethis
    151 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 4:34 PM

Tournament green speeds are very inconsistent! I would rather play championship green speeds.

• Feendish
    159 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 5:06 PM

I agree...

• skynyrdinards
    95 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 5:28 PM

I feel the greens are too fast and inconsistant. I used to really enjoy playing. Unless they are able to rectify the problem. I will play less and purchase less balls from the pro shop. Hope you guys have your ears on!! Another problem with the greens relate to inconsistancy in the grids. I have played this game for some time, and know when your algorythems are off!

RSS