Forums

Help › Forums

wgt for gamers, not golfers

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 12 2014 12:04 PM (25 replies)
  • westie37
    929 Posts
    Mon, Mar 10 2014 5:15 PM

Don't get me wrong, as a computer game, probably better than most. But I'll save my money for real greens fees, balls and an occasional new club. I'm sure I have spent close to $500 if not more. I just quit a country club only because I have had it with the game. Once the credits are gone, no more new balls. I'll play occasionally with starter balls.

One of my big complaints is the putting distance setting. I know I should always remember to check, but my mind doesn't work that way. For instance, I just had a 6 ft. downhill putt on fast green. I'm figuring out where to hit it on the 10 ft. grid. Never looked, ball goes flying past. Grid was set at 60 ft. Never went near it to change, nor did I realign the putt.

It has just happened way too often.

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Mon, Mar 10 2014 7:08 PM

scroll wheel ?

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, Mar 10 2014 7:24 PM

Mushy01:

scroll wheel ?

^ Good Point.  It's very easy to be moving the mouse around and accidentally scroll the mouse wheel. Some don't know or realize it also changes the meter for the putter and it changes clubs as well. Otherwise it's always the responsibility of the player to know what club and what meter we're using with the putter before we hit the ball.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Mon, Mar 10 2014 7:51 PM

CerinoDevoti:

Mushy01:

scroll wheel ?

^ Good Point.  It's very easy to be moving the mouse around and accidentally scroll the mouse wheel. Some don't know or realize it also changes the meter for the putter and it changes clubs as well. Otherwise it's always the responsibility of the player to know what club and what meter we're using with the putter before we hit the ball.

+1 Thats why you get a second mouse , and disable the scroll wheel . Thats what I did . A mouse just for playing the game . All I can do with it , is point and click . I dont even pay the caddy any attention any more . I pick my clubs , and check the settings to make sure that I`m using the right power . But never have to worry about hitting the wheel by mistake . It works great . :-)

• DaveStrock
    919 Posts
    Mon, Mar 10 2014 7:52 PM

Thats happened to us all at one point (Or many) depending on how many times it takes to learn your lesson,some catch on fast,others not so much LOL,cracks me up to see people blame the game for their lack of discipline and attention to details,,,,I still do it maybe once a month,,CHECK YOUR METER.......

• westie37
    929 Posts
    Mon, Mar 10 2014 8:40 PM

I don't know what a scroll wheel is and I don't use a mouse. I play on a laptop and it requires me to click to change the shot and the club. Your replies are appreciated and also proves my point. You are gamers, not golfers. I should not have to check the meter or whatever it is called on a 6 ft downhill putt. With my putter, it should be 10 ft. max. Admit it, your precious so called realistic golf game has some major flaws

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Mon, Mar 10 2014 9:36 PM

My mistake is just the opposite ... I'll calc a putt for a 60' scale or 30' scale, line up the putt, then forget to adjust the club distance upward ... always cracks me up when I do that.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Mar 10 2014 11:03 PM

It is time that they improved the caddy/club system. I lost a match-play game yesterday because I assumed I'd been given my 75 yard wedge for a 70 yard shot but I had the 100 yard wedge and cleared the green.

I know I should have checked but why should we have to?

• DaveStrock
    919 Posts
    Mon, Mar 10 2014 11:27 PM

Never never never never never never trust the caddy,if they were better at choosing clubs than you,you would be caddying for them.....:)

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Tue, Mar 11 2014 12:58 AM

DaddysKat:

My mistake is just the opposite ... I'll calc a putt for a 60' scale or 30' scale, line up the putt, then forget to adjust the club distance upward ... always cracks me up when I do that.

That's my mistake all too often so much to remember & check hit the ball & wth 1/4 or 1/2 distance DOH !!

GC.

RSS