Help › Forums

wgt for gamers, not golfers

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 12 2014 12:04 PM (25 replies)
  • GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Tue, Mar 11 2014 1:04 AM

DaveStrock:

Never never never never never never trust the caddy,if they were better at choosing clubs than you,you would be caddying for them.....:)

I disagree when I was a caddie many years ago @ a top 100 course I could club 90% of my golfers, That's the difference between a caddie & a bag carrier I think & WGT could improve this part of the game IMO,Many older people playing this game & you just have far too much too consider without worrying about a blind caddie.

GC. 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Mar 11 2014 9:03 AM

courteneyfish:
    I assumed I'd been given my 75 yard wedge for a 70 yard shot but I had the 100 yard wedge

You should know better by now Courteney.

You are , of course, correct though, it's so annoying. It's cost me 2 milestones. What would have been my 1st  27 and my 1st ever sub 60 18.

AAAAAARRGGHHHH!!

• garyk49
    2,329 Posts
    Tue, Mar 11 2014 9:43 AM

It appears to be the way the caddy works.  I have 60, 80, 100 wedges.  Rarely will it ever give me the 80.  These are Clevelands, noticed the same thing with the pings, it never wanted to give you the middle distance wedge.  But in most cases the R11 irons are pretty close.

Always have to check clubs, as I use the scroll wheel to change them, also distance on the putter.  Guess it all depends on how you get used to playing.

And yes, I am a gamer and a golfer.  Just not great at either, but I have fun.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Tue, Mar 11 2014 10:19 AM

I agree Courtney ... they should improve it by taking it away altogether.   Make folks know which clubs and shots to play themselves.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Mar 11 2014 10:33 AM

In my impression they have improved at least one weak point of the caddie:

I get less impossible "chip" shots lately, rather pitches.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Mar 11 2014 10:40 AM

westie37:

I don't know what a scroll wheel is and I don't use a mouse. I play on a laptop and it requires me to click to change the shot and the club. Your replies are appreciated and also proves my point. You are gamers, not golfers. I should not have to check the meter or whatever it is called on a 6 ft downhill putt. With my putter, it should be 10 ft. max. Admit it, your precious so called realistic golf game has some major flaws

I think your response proves you're a player who can't admit they made the mistake. It's always the players responsibility to know what club, meter and shot they are about to use. Don't fret, we see it here all the time.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Mar 11 2014 10:47 AM

westie37:
    I don't know what a scroll wheel is

Since you don't use a mouse, I'm guessing you actually were putting from the fringe, which sets the putter scale at a higher one by default.

And just a little fyi.  This is the mouse scroll wheel. And I have messed up many shots because of that sucker. :-)

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Tue, Mar 11 2014 10:53 AM

Your pad is also a scroll pad. And it appears that it would be easier to accidentally change clubs or putting scales with your scroll pad than it would be with  a scroll wheel with a mouse. And most of us are golfers. I'm almost 68 years years old and I started playing golf when I was 13.We have just  been here long enough to know to watch our clubs and putting scales closely. And most of us admit when we make a stupid mistake. 

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Tue, Mar 11 2014 11:20 AM

I'm sure the preset caddy is designed to speed up play.  However it would be nice to have the option to take it away.  I agree with Lou and Courntey I'd prefer that it doesn't pick a club, distance, etc. but forces the golfer to pick for himself.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Mar 11 2014 11:26 AM

TarheelsRule:
    However it would be nice to have the option to take it away.

Aren't they working on that currently?  I can't remember what post I read it in, but pretty sure that's what WGTshoe said.  Or was I just dreaming? lol

RSS