Help › Forums

wgt for gamers, not golfers

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 12 2014 12:04 PM (25 replies)
  • ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Tue, Mar 11 2014 1:51 PM

courteneyfish:

It is time that they improved the caddy/club system.

One of the WGT mods/admins have said an option to disable the auto caddy is in the works - but there was no timeline on it's addition to the game.

• tramilleo
    1,889 Posts
    Tue, Mar 11 2014 2:00 PM

I agree with Courtney, we should not have to check, my favorite is when i have a 13 foot putt and i assume it is the 15 yrd putter, lol but no it is the 25 and ball is off green lol

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Mar 11 2014 3:25 PM

tramilleo:
    , my favorite is when i have a 13 foot putt and i assume it is the 15 yrd putter, lol but no it is the 25 and ball is off green lol

LOL  quite the opposite here, but the same thing none the less.  I tend to use the 30 scale mostly, so I assume that its on the 30 and leave it quite short.  Guess I'd rather leave it halfway there than twice as long.  Least my read wouldn't be that much different.  ;-)

Or those odd instances that I decide I'll use the 15 scale but calculate thinking the 30 scale out of habit, still leaving it short. lol

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Wed, Mar 12 2014 11:35 AM

Really the only time I run into an issue is when I'm on the fringe and the putter defaults to a much higher scale.  Since I rarely putt from the fringe I don't tend to worry about it.  

In terms of WGT working to allow you to not use the auto caddy, I'm sure that they will have that ready about a month after the Augusta National Golf Club is on the site.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Wed, Mar 12 2014 12:04 PM

westie37:

I don't know what a scroll wheel is and I don't use a mouse. I play on a laptop and it requires me to click to change the shot and the club. Your replies are appreciated and also proves my point. You are gamers, not golfers. I should not have to check the meter or whatever it is called on a 6 ft downhill putt. With my putter, it should be 10 ft. max. Admit it, your precious so called realistic golf game has some major flaws

I play on a lap top , and use a mouse to do it . It makes game play easier . It doesnt make me a gamer . Regardless of what you play the game on , you will be required to select your shots , and clubs . Your impression and knowledge of both the game and computers is very limited , which is your flaw . As for my knowledge to the game of golf , I used to do golf course maintenance , which is when I learned to play the game . If you dont like the game , you dont have to play it . So take your snide little attitude , laptop , and what ever else you have , and get somewhere .

RSS