Forums

Help › Forums

Manhattan

Wed, Mar 12 2014 11:32 AM (7 replies)
  • Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Wed, Mar 12 2014 7:45 AM

Hope all New Yorkers mates are fine.

I just read a news from an online paper where been reported an accident near to Manhattan, it's seems that a new build in costruction collapse itself. How could this thing can happen if men got rules from work healt and safety.

Hope there will be no major injuries.

David.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 12 2014 8:13 AM

It was not new construction. 2 old buildings, one with a piano store on the first floor and apartments above it and another with a church and vacant space above it. Something exploded and brought down the buildings. There was construction going on in one of the buildings. Firefighters are trying to get the fire under control to look for survivors.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/03/12/explosion-reported-at-harlem-building/

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Mar 12 2014 8:56 AM

What is the take on the proposal the new 'moron mayor' of NYC is pushing to rid the city of the 160+ year old tradition of the Central Park horse & carriage excursion? It is obvious someone with money and greed ambitions want the stable & grounds real estate for development, but who?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 12 2014 9:04 AM

SweetiePie:
    It is obvious someone with money and greed ambitions want the stable & grounds real estate for development, but who?

The hairdo immediately comes to mind.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Mar 12 2014 10:18 AM

YankeeJim:

SweetiePie:
    It is obvious someone with money and greed ambitions want the stable & grounds real estate for development, but who?

The hairdo immediately comes to mind.

LMAO

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Mar 12 2014 10:20 AM

SweetiePie:
    What is the take on the proposal the new 'moron mayor' of NYC is pushing to rid the city of the 160+ year old tradition of the Central Park horse & carriage excursion?

My take is....Leave well alone !

A romantic ride at Midnight...

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Mar 12 2014 10:26 AM

That came first to mind. I admire him, but the concoction he swung with Tiffany & Co, and other schemes of his, proove a certain lack of traditional admiration, and he may simply be tired of stepping in horse manure.

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Wed, Mar 12 2014 11:32 AM

NYC made a major mistake in electing this idiot and will pay the price over the next few years.  He is closing all the charter schools in NYC that have done more to uplift the minority students than any other program.

I wasn't much of a Bloomberg fan, because while he does a good job fiscally and in terms of working to keep crime down, I don't care for his desire to tell everyone how to live their life.  However NYC will long to have him back soon.

The fire was as mentioned in an older building, think I heard built in the 20's and more than likely the result of a gas line leak or rupture.  There will be some deaths and a good deal of injuries.  It was somewhat amusing to see a female reporter trying to do a live report wearing a mask - because as she put it the dangerous conditions, even though there appeared to be 100 other people within 10 yards of her not wearing a mask.

RSS