Stupid Question on Ding?

Mon, Sep 11 2017 4:34 AM (23 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Sep 10 2017 2:51 AM

alosso:

wordswell:
    The ding supposedly is the best shot

It's named "eccellent", but it's not the best in all cases.

=> With a side wind, better miss the ding against the wind for more accuracy,

=> on a side slope, better miss the ding with the putter against the slope to stabilise the ball's path.

I'm not sure that is right.  I think missing the ding loses precision and therefor accuracy.  Surely in both the cases above it would be better to allow more (for the wind/slope).

That said If you are, accidentally,  going to miss the ding it's certainly better to be that/these sides :-)

• alosso
    21,052 Posts
    Sun, Sep 10 2017 8:40 AM

I'm sure that it's right.

It may have other consequences like a loss in distance, but precision is not a commanding issue here.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Sep 10 2017 3:36 PM

wordswell:

I find when i ding the meter my shot is way off. I will afford for wind, and if i ding it, my ball goes way astray. Its awful. The ding supposedly is the best shot, but for me, when i hear the ding, i cringe, because the game glitches and the shot is awful.

It's a crappy glitch; i heard they did it to annoy ding cheaters, but it ruins the game.

IMO do read the whole thread - Some good advice.

All I would add is get to L59 and think again on equipment.  You have got to M with starters and that is the right way IMO.  If you now want to really compete some time learning something that offers more potential in the right hands is the way.

• climatic
    183 Posts
    Mon, Sep 11 2017 4:34 AM

DodgyPutter:

alosso:

wordswell:
    The ding supposedly is the best shot

It's named "eccellent", but it's not the best in all cases.

=> With a side wind, better miss the ding against the wind for more accuracy,

=> on a side slope, better miss the ding with the putter against the slope to stabilise the ball's path.

I'm not sure that is right.  I think missing the ding loses precision and therefor accuracy.  Surely in both the cases above it would be better to allow more (for the wind/slope).

That said If you are, accidentally,  going to miss the ding it's certainly better to be that/these sides :-)

+1

RSS