Forums

Help › Forums

How about making some programming adjustments!!

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 14 2014 1:17 PM (3 replies)
  • Perkupmyputter
    436 Posts
    Fri, Mar 14 2014 11:27 AM

OK, I don't hardly ever complain on here, but here goes! ...After playing hundreds of games on here, I pretty much know how much to add or subtract for wind and elevation. Lately, I am getting way too much overshooting or undershooting with various shots. My latest was a tee shot on Merion Back9 where you posted a 13 mph head wind. My club is rated at 285, yet i hit a full shot and went 290 against the wind, putting me in a 50,60% pile of *** weeds!!  (that never happens)...My next tee shot had a head wind of only 9 mph, yet I only traveled 277! ....I pinged both drives. I'm sick of the inconsistency on this game! ...Please do something...tell those programming geeks to get their heads out of their a**'* and recalibrate the darn wind/elevation so that players can enjoy a decent game without all the BS! ~Sick and tired of the rough...it's all on you...not spending any more money on anything until game improves. Ball is in your court!

~Bruce, Tour Master, Level 90 (in 6 months time)

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Mar 14 2014 11:43 AM

Perkupmyputter:
    I'm sick of the inconsistency on this game! ...Please do something...
    Sh*t happens, variance and VEM exist.

Please think about my lesson from 2+ years of playing here and reading the forums:

Don't hope for any change, don't ask "why'? / why not?" - just take the game as-is. There's only one party which you can influence:

You yourself!

Thus, it's you to make up your mind, to do something: Take it or leave it!

Ball in your court!

• BubbaSauce
    260 Posts
    Fri, Mar 14 2014 12:02 PM

alosso:

Sh*t happens, variance and VEM exist.

Please think about my lesson from 2+ years of playing here and reading the forums:

Don't hope for any change, don't ask "why'? / why not?" - just take the game as-is. There's only one party which you can influence:

You yourself!

Thus, it's you to make up your mind, to do something: Take it or leave it!

Ball in your court!

I agree.

I've had it happen to me too and just last night on Merion.

In real life, the wind doesn't blow at a constant rate, hence the term "gust". Sometimes the wind even dies down to almost nothing. Watch some pro golfers on TV when there is a fair amount of wind to contend with. Sometimes they'll try to wait for it do die down while other times they wait for it to blow so they can make the shot they've been preparing for.

Of course, we don't get to see the wind speed fluctuate while playing this game, so that can be a disadvantage, but it's certainly possible that the game is designed to simulate the varying wind speeds and that might explain why a 13 mph headwind seems to vanish when you hit the ball.

Where's the fun in making a perfect shot every time? The pros don't make them so why should this game be any different?

Rob, Tour Master, level 72 (in 6 months, too)

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Fri, Mar 14 2014 1:17 PM

Perkupmyputter:
    OK, I don't hardly ever complain on here,

So you're saying you complain a lot then? (in the spirit of double negation, I didn't not comment on that) ;-)

Perkupmyputter:
    My latest was a tee shot on Merion Back9 where you posted a 13 mph head wind. My club is rated at 285, yet i hit a full shot and went 290 against the wind, putting me in a 50,60% pile of *** weeds!!  (that never happens)...My next tee shot had a head wind of only 9 mph, yet I only traveled 277! ...

It could be a deviation, or it could be just an unfortunate combo of different elevations and spin (or lack of it) you used on your drive.

But in the end, it's like Alosso said. The game is what it is. For me the occasional WTFs never ruin the enjoyement I get out of playing. And if that ever changes (hopefully it won't), it'll be time to either take a break or quit.

Cheers

RSS