Forums

Help › Forums

How about upgraded shaft options to increase distance.

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 15 2010 11:10 PM (5 replies)
  • thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 8:41 PM

I saw your new advertisements by Miyazaki.  This could be an opportunity to be able to add distance while helping out your advertisers by having multiple shaft options for the right price.  I will offer the clubmaking expertise and professionally install each shaft for a nominal fee.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 8:46 PM

Really good idea!  (so long as it is extensively tested so it can be implemented properly)

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 8:48 PM

Reminds me of an ancient thread in which the poster suggested we be able to buy golf shoes and golf gloves.  The better ones would add distance and/or accuracy to our shots.

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 10:59 PM

Would be great to have a "custom shop"  - open to the upper tiers only of course.

I had an idea that would fit with this here

I do love the idea of upgraded shafts. Not only could it increase distance, but trajectory as well.

Even just a "custom fitting" option that we'd pay for and get increased precision and distance.

You could go so far as to add custom grinds/ bounce angles to wedges that would change how they would hit out of rough / sand. If I was a pro I might carry a specific set to hit well out of the hard sand at Kiawah and something else for the  looser sand at Oakmont - but that's probably getting way to technical.

I mentioned this in thread I started, but Golfsmith would be an ideal partner to "run" the customshop.  They either own, or sell just about every brand out there. What happened to the Snake eyes and Lynx stuff anyways?

• Fartman56
    65 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 11:10 PM

Why does this or any club option have to be rating related. Could you imagine going into a real Country Club pro shop and them telling you that they are sorry but they could not sell you that item because that you are not good enough to buy that item. Sounds rediculous if you ask me. Open up all the clubs to all the players, lets open up a fair playing field to all.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 11:38 PM

This idea has some serious implications. Nice idea Thunderbird.

Imagine, you want to hit your irons alittle higher. Buy a shaft with lower kick points. Want to hit the ball farther? You play with a stiffer shaft that will handle faster club head speed (see purchasing a faster meter).

I love this idea. And bonus. More income for WGT= more courses. Win Win

Excellent idea by birdwell and mocha both. We need jobs!

RSS