Forums

Help › Forums

bug on Merion

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 19 2014 1:20 PM (8 replies)
  • willy53
    42 Posts
    Mon, Mar 17 2014 8:09 AM

Sorry could not right click to report this problem because I could not even get started!, would not get through opening advert, so had to forfeit game without even having a shot, this is single play WK 12 Merion I think, and while I'm having a moan, I would just like to say that however good this game looks and feels, I think it's a shame when playing competitions the programing is completely skewed to make you loose, this is not sour grapes here, but the game just doesn't play the same, in fact I'm not sure that the top players on the leaderboard are genuine people at all, just created buy game makers so as not to have to pay out too many credits, just thinking of the income?.    

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Mon, Mar 17 2014 10:26 AM

You should probably move on to an online game set up so every player wins every time, 

• Bogey4ever
    9 Posts
    Mon, Mar 17 2014 10:38 AM

Yes, there is an issue with Merion this week but I wouldn't condemn WGT because of a glitch.  I been playing about 4 weeks and this is the first time I've had an issue like this.  And while I'm not a top golfer, I have been able to add a few credits.  This is a game, so keep that in mind!

• FSUPetey
    77 Posts
    Mon, Mar 17 2014 10:40 AM

I get an I/O error trying to load the Merion weekly multi-round game as well.  I don't want to forfeit the game so I can't play another until this resolved.  I have flushed the cache as suggested and tried the game with multiple browsers.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 17 2014 10:44 AM

FSUPetey:
    I get an I/O error trying to load the Merion weekly multi-round game as well

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/226223.aspx

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Mon, Mar 17 2014 10:45 AM

YankeeJim:

FSUPetey:
    I get an I/O error trying to load the Merion weekly multi-round game as well

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/226223.aspx

Why can't people just use the search thingy?

sighhhhhhhhhhhh

• FSUPetey
    77 Posts
    Mon, Mar 17 2014 11:04 AM

I have so few problems with the game I saw a link for my issue and clicked on it.  Even after reading that so many others are having issues there still isn't a resolution as far as I can tell.

• willy53
    42 Posts
    Wed, Mar 19 2014 11:54 AM

As I said, his is not sour grapes, it's just that when it comes to playing some of the comps. the game is not realistic anymore, examples being single play games when your taking a putt for instance from say 4ft with 25ft putter and taking all the normal things into consideration as when practicing etc. instead of being near or in the hole it travels either straight past or bounces through and goes on by about 10ft?, and that's not realistic at all, this will not stop me playing this game as it is the best out there, but I would like the equipment that you purchase to be consistent as it would be in reality. 

• FSUPetey
    77 Posts
    Wed, Mar 19 2014 1:20 PM

I had to cancel out of the tournament on Tuesday as it would not let me play anything else until I did.  However, on Wednesday I was able to enter the tournament and play the first round as if there had not been a problem at all.  I'm glad it was fixed.  Golf is a frustrating game - this online version is no different at times.

RSS