Forums

Help › Forums

Petition For Celtic Manor Stroke Play

Fri, Oct 8 2010 11:08 PM (32 replies)
  • jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 2:39 PM

I would not expect ANY new courses for quite some time fellas. Just a hunch on my part, but the cost of implementing a new course is staggering, money wise to WGT. They are concentrating on the money coming in side of things these days. JB

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 4:28 PM

jbenny - did you know that they have photographed, set up and not told us about, a CTTH course in Holland ? It can be accessed via Facebook by going to the application WGT Blitz.

• SEK1
    38 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 8:53 PM

Add me to the list!

• UniBooboo
    42 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 5:16 AM

DustyBalls:

I have been a member of WGT since Oct 08 and it boggles my mind that in that time they have only 4 full stroke coarses for it's members. That is absurd. You can only play the same coarse for so long. I belong to TW online and they have installed over 16 full stroke play coarses in a 1/4 of the time.

It is outrageous that we have to continue to hold out for new coarses. We have paid our dues and I think it is time that the WGT moves forward with releasing new coarses to it's members. What is the real hold up here? In this day and age, it should not take this long to produce new coarses. I have spent my hard earned money here at WGT and for what? Several 9 hole " closest-to-the-pin " contests ? Please.

Disgruntled, yes. Upset, yes. Unfair, yes.  

Dusty,

There is a big difference between making a course for Tiger Woods and making one for WGT!  So to give you a short answer on why it takes so long here is a Video Interview with Chad Nelson, the President of WGT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JmwxDFZknw&feature=channel

You may have spent your money here but a lot of players don't pay anything, so in order for WGT to keep the game free for anyone who chooses not to pay they are spending most of the effort on other revenue streams such as Sponsorships and USGA Tie-ins.  

Another obstacle to adding courses are pre existing deals in place with popular courses and other game makers.  A good example is Pebble Beach, they have an exclusive deal with EA Sports for Tiger Woods. So between EA Sports and other makers over the years a great many of the popular courses have been locked up in various deals. Remember WGT is a new comer being around 2 years old whereas EA Sports has been making golf games for something like 14 years.  This is too bad because I barley consider WGT a computer game, to me its more of a simulation, but contract law doesn't seem to distinguish between the two.  So don't hold your breath for PB stroke play or a lot of the others.  Good news is I am positive with the great relationships being made between WGT and the governing bodies of Golf a lot of these courses will either be non-exclusive or exclusive to WGT as soon as the current deals end.

In case you are unaware you can still play a closest to the hole round on PB but because of that aforementioned deal WGT had to exploit a loop hole to do it , being that they were not able to list it in or having access from the main game platform.  

Here is a link to Pebble Beach ( by the way you have to use basic equipment ) :

http://tiny.cc/zaoq1

So before you condemn WGT, remember there are usually reasons for things in business, these being mostly legal, some financial.  I am sure if they could they would be adding all the time.  

Unibooboo

• onebamf
    241 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 11:30 AM

put mine down to

• ryankcollins
    23 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 11:40 AM

I sign the petition for any new course for Tournament play. The same three courses for Stroke Play tournaments are getting old. How about you add something new to the game that people actually want?

• CharlieBum
    46 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 8:55 PM

Petition signed...let's get it rolling.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 9:32 PM

I'm all for the 18 hole stroke play course at Celtic Manor.

JB, I believe we'll all see at least a nine hole course by Christmas. Whether it be nine hole or CTTH will remain a mystery.  : )

• bfghd
    1,344 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 5:03 AM

don't really care where the new course is, although celtic manor is great.

hope it is out by Christmas.

• coer
    10 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 5:12 AM

I am all for stroke play at Celtic manor. Thanks, Kevin.

RSS