Help › Forums

I thought your avg. would not drop.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 20 2014 6:22 PM (3 replies)
  • capamando
    12 Posts
    Thu, Mar 20 2014 2:09 PM

Hi,

Maybe I read it incorrect but I was under the impression that when you play Stroke Play on your own that your score would not go up even if your score was poor...so I was testing some cheap balls and ended up with an even par at St Andrews and my avg score went up from 66.96 to 72!  Please someone explain my misunderstanding

Thank You

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Thu, Mar 20 2014 4:05 PM

You moved up to the Master tier ,  Your AVG has reset , Just play the game and it will come back down .

OPY

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Thu, Mar 20 2014 4:32 PM

every tier has a certain number of Ranked Stroke play rounds that you need to play before the average saturates and only goes down.

H- 5

A - 10

P - 20

TP - 30

M - 40

TM - 50

L - 500

TL - 500

something like that, so once you reach those rounds in a given tier it will then only go down until you tier up, then  like Opy said, start from scratch. 

Don't worry so much about the average anyhow, because of the saturation and the easy way to manipulate the average prior to saturation. It really doesn't mean a whole lot. You can have mediocre players with sub 60 averages, just cuz they played a given unlimited tourney over and over again until they posted the score they wanted, quitting or restarting before posting the score. You can have extremely good players score badly in ranked rounds to make it look like they suck but they don't.

Just play and have fun and work on improving your game

• capamando
    12 Posts
    Thu, Mar 20 2014 6:22 PM

Thank you guys...appreciate the info

RSS