Forums

Help › Forums

It was tough, but...

Sat, Sep 18 2010 4:03 PM (27 replies)
  • CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 10:11 PM

I finally got my average under 60.  I might be wrong, but I believe I am the first non-quitter to get back under 60 based entirely on post-update rounds... maybe I should put that "undisputed god of Kiawah" back in my profile!  :P

To be nice, since I am in a good mood, I will, for the next 3 days (either the date of the RG or the date that you shot it on must be the 17th, 18th, or 19th), gift any legend that shoots a 28 in any 9-hole RG (that way I know it's not a practice round) a sleeve of their choice of balls!

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 10:23 PM

Well done. Now wasn't that a lot more fun than sandbagging as an Amateur?

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 10:44 PM

birdwell:
    Well done. Now wasn't that a lot more fun than sandbagging as an Amateur?

Yes... sandbagging is boring... and hopefully its days are numbered.  :D

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 4:13 AM

So far I haven't seen nor read a great big thank you to WGT for caving to the" legends"and I use that term loosely for adjusting the green speeds.

J

• Angeltotti20
    296 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 4:47 AM

And what do you expect with this post? Lots of people saying "oh, charle, you're the best player in here without discussion, i admire you, i'd even say i love you!!!"

Undisputed god of kiawah, lol that really made me laugh :) :) thanks.

Your ego has no limits hum?

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 5:20 AM

Johniedino:
    So far I haven't seen nor read a great big thank you to WGT for caving to the" legends"and I use that term loosely for adjusting the green speeds.

J

Did they lower the green speeds recently?

If so, I haven't noticed hardly any changes.  It's possible that they have changed something here or there, and I haven't noticed it enough to be 100% that something was changed, but with the exception of what seemed like a one-day change in green speeds, I have been using the exact same formula since about 9/03.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 5:31 AM

Angeltotti20:
    And what do you expect with this post? Lots of people saying "oh, charle, you're the best player in here without discussion, i admire you, i'd even say i love you!!!"

I've already said that I do not at all consider myself to be the best player on here.  I am amongst the best on certain courses, but not the best across all courses.

Angeltotti20:
    Undisputed god of kiawah, lol that really made me laugh :) :) thanks.

Your ego has no limits hum?

Meh... if this thread is ego-stroking, then so is BB's little challenge thread.  It's all relative.  Both threads could be considered mild forms of ego-stroking.  I am happy about my accomplishment, so I am going to mention it.

You know what I noticed, though?

There's a female on here that has an ego the likes of which I have never, ever, ever, ever seen.  I think we all know who I'm talking about.

And yet she never gets called out on it.  Out of curiosity, why do you think it is that some silly detractor shows up in almost any thread that I post in, and yet she never gets called out on her habit of perpetually making self-serving remarks?  This is actually something that I find quite perplexing.

• Angeltotti20
    296 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 5:54 AM

2 months and a half in here and 338 posts, i'm sure half of them (at least) just to tell the world how good you are. I'd like you to show me a post of that female (lol) doing the same, just one.

BTW, you know what, i shot a 61(33-28) yesterday and a 60(30-30)  today on kiawah full RG. I'm proud of it, you can be sure, but i won't make a post so everyone knows it because that makes people hate you.

Have a nice day.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 6:08 AM

CharlemagneRH:
    And yet she never gets called out on it.

She's a great, ferocious lady. Just try and enjoy her sarcasms, instead of being upset about them; that's all we've been doing.  

Congratulations on your achievement! I do think the forums are a good place to showcase one's successes; if one doesn't do so too frequently, of course. I have no doubt you're a great player, and so is Angel; he thrashed me well and good in the one round I was privileged to play with him!   

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 6:13 AM

Angeltotti20:
    2 months and a half in here and 338 posts, i'm sure half of them (at least) just to tell the world how good you are.

Zero posts where I misrepresent my playing ability as being better than it really is, and maybe about three posts where I initiate discussion with an honest assessment of my playing ability.

Angeltotti20:
    I'd like you to show me a post of that female (lol) doing the same, just one.

If you have to ask that question, then it would appear as though you don't visit the forums enough to know which female I'm talking about.

RSS