Forums

Help › Forums

Has Anyone Upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7?

Mon, May 26 2014 3:29 PM (6 replies)
  • Ladychipper
    23,003 Posts
    Mon, Mar 31 2014 5:15 PM

Was just wondering if anyone has upgraded from XP to Windows 7?  Looks like we are going to do that on Wednesday since we have seen so many reports that it will be dangerous to keep XP and that there are people just waiting for April 9th to send out viruses to XP users. 

Anyway, let me know how it went for you if you did the upgrade already. 

Blessings,

Marion

• Slowwedge
    143 Posts
    Mon, Mar 31 2014 11:47 PM

I did the upgrade in January and everything works fine.............................except for my scores they are as  high as always.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Apr 1 2014 1:24 AM

Ladychipper:

we have seen so many reports that it will be dangerous to keep XP and that there are people just waiting for April 9th to send out viruses to XP users.

They say that to make you upgrade, not gonna happen...besides it isn't XP that gets hacked, it is IE browser, Office, Outlook Express, etc.....

If you have an older PC make sure it will handle Win7 and plan on adding more RAM...Win7 is a very good OS but uses a lot more of your resources...

If you have a newer pc with a huge hardrive look into a dual boot system, install Win7 and keep XP on it too for gaming...

Also keep in mind that NO TECH guy would tell you to do a dirty install, at some point you usually have problems if you buy the upgrade disk and install it over the existing Operating System, and if you have to reinstall it you have to put xp back on and use the upgrade again...buy the full version.

Good Luck

Microsoft reportedly planning Windows 9 release in April 2015

• Ladychipper
    23,003 Posts
    Fri, May 23 2014 4:58 PM

Hey Guys,

I meant to tell you that I upgraded to Windows 7 in April and everything went well.  We had the Premium Windows 7 Home addition that we had used on the laptop and could be used for several users. 

Everything went well!  You can get step by step instructions from Microsoft, just google instructions for upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7.  I was surprised my e-mails were automatically moved over when I chose Windows Live Mail to replace Outlook Express.  Really neat!  

Anyway, it was not so bad, so give it a shot.

Blessings,

Marion :-)

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Fri, May 23 2014 5:10 PM

Why don't you go the whole hog and upgrade to Windows 8? or 8.1 even.

• Ladychipper
    23,003 Posts
    Fri, May 23 2014 6:21 PM

chrisironsbones:

Because we already had Windows 7 for one thing and for another it is closer to what I was use to with XP from what I understand.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Mon, May 26 2014 3:29 PM

Ladychipper:

chrisironsbones:

Because we already had Windows 7 for one thing and for another it is closer to what I was use to with XP from what I understand.

I was afraid to upgrade to Windows 8 from 7 too but having done so you get best of both worlds and i wouldn't go back to 7 again.  You get a desktop and also App screen, and my PC will boot up from off in around 10 seconds.  Amazing fior those WGT disconnects .lol

RSS