Help › Forums

Advertising

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 16 2014 9:35 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mrgadget01
    10 Posts
    Mon, Apr 7 2014 7:53 AM

Does anyone beside me think there is way too much advertising on this site anymore. I know they are trying new things and not everything works the first time, but come on people. There's only so much one can take.

When you first sign on anymore, you get the ad in the center of the screen. You get it again when you sign on to play a game. And now you even get it when you make the turn on an 18 hole game. Many times, it's the same thing over and over again.

Add to that the new ads that pop-up over the controls in the corner of the screen. It would be bad enough if it was just one. But you have to sit through two before you can even play a game. I sign on first thing in the morning before heading off to work. I have to see a minimum of three ads before I can play a 9 hole. Two of them are playing at the same time, so I'm sure the people that are paying for the ads would now be amused.

Then there were the ones that showed up after each hole at the top of the screen and caused the screen to expand in size. I had to change the screen size just to be able to continue the game.

Everyone seems to complain about the swing meter. After working in the computer industry, I know how easy it is to blame the other guy when your stuff doesn't work correctly. If you use flash player to run your program, please don't blame them when your program is incompatible in some way.

In closing, I look back at this great program and how it has progressed over the last few years. It might be advertised as free, but the people that play it every day are not playing for free. We pay for balls, we pay for clubs, and at times we pay to enter tournaments. Do the people that are funding this free program really need to be inundated with ads at every turn? I think not. They have apps with ads for the cheapskates and updated apps for those who don't want to see them. I pay to play and do not want to see all these ads.

• daddd1
    171 Posts
    Mon, Apr 7 2014 11:03 AM

You need adblock!

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Apr 7 2014 11:34 AM

mrgadget01:
    They have apps with ads for the cheapskates and updated apps for those who don't want to see them.

I see that having empathy isn't part of your make up. So...

Get adblock and stfu.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Mon, Apr 7 2014 1:02 PM

No one forces you to stay, and you do not have inalienable rights to an advertising free WGT experience.

The bottom line is it's really easy to just ignore the advertising, and/or get and use a good ad blocker.

• mrgadget01
    10 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 4:44 PM

Either you work for WGT, have too much time on your hands, or your just naturally an A**. With comments like that, it's no wonder you play this game on a computer. Cause someone would be wrapping their 2 iron around your neck on the course for comments like that.

• mrgadget01
    10 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 4:50 PM

You are so correct, my friend. I am not forced to play the game. But the ads are very spammy and a little over the top when two play at once and you really can't hear either one. My concerns aren't that I can't take an ad or two. It's that there are way too may in my personal opinion. 

I will look into an ad blocker. Didn't know such a thing would work inside the program. And it is not all that easy to ignore when it affects your screens and your ability to play around them

So, my friends, I get the message that you really don't like hearing things that you don't agree with, much like the Democrats in Congress. So I guess I will suffer in silence.

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 5:16 PM

im waiting for the day that wgt spams ads after every hole.

i have ad block but it just seems to make a white hole where the ad is - it still makes me wait 30 sec before i can play.

i dotn watch ads on tv so its starting to wear me thin here...

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 7:54 PM

mrgadget01:

Either you work for WGT, have too much time on your hands, or your just naturally an A**. With comments like that, it's no wonder you play this game on a computer. Cause someone would be wrapping their 2 iron around your neck on the course for comments like that.

Violence is the last refuge of the enfeebled mind.

Just click the quote button, saves looking silly.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 1:42 PM

mrgadget01:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

The courage to change the things I can,

And wisdom to know the difference. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_Prayer

• Wigglesw
    16 Posts
    Thu, Oct 16 2014 7:04 AM

Too too many videos that stop you playing - do ad blockers stop these - the mentally stuffs - what do you do when they start putting ads on the back of avatar. 

• PAGES
RSS