Just a suggestion, BUT........

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 21 2010 5:27 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 5:27 PM

nosson:

I am having serious consistency issues with putting.  I thought I had adjusted to the "tournament" greens and was putting up decent scores right around my average.  But in the past few days I can't seem to sink a putt outside of 8 feet no matter how I play it.  It could be I am just having some bad days but I would obviously prefer to conclude that there is a technical difference in how the greens are playing.   Anyone else have this problem over the past few days? 

Ive been havjng this issue for a few week's now went from a 68 avg to a 71 in a short amount of time.Most of the shot;s have been lipout's

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 6:22 PM

Wow, the beast is really raging. an 90% on a 90 yd iron and it goes 66 feet, very very iconsistent. I think someone at wgt gets a laugh when they have nothing to do at night. Wonder how many smart people have left. This is my first day playing in 5 days, not much fun anymore.

• palupear
    50 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 7:38 PM

I have to agree with Sargenjd01.  Unless you have unlimited time to hone your skills by practicing every conceivable shot 100 times, wgt has gotten too dang tricked up to have fun on a consistent, but occasional basis.  The game is set up for fast improvements through the hack, amateur and pro levels.  I found myself making a lot more time to play when it was fun and you could see improvement.  Master level stuff was hard, but I stayed relatively in the same range of 63 to 67 with lots of play at Bethpage mixed in.  

Even before the recent changes, with less opportunity to play I found it impossible to maintain a steady average.  With the recent tier changes, forget it.  You shouldn't have to dedicate your life to an online game to be better than mediocre and to feel more fun than frustration.

I've long since given up any pretensions about not quitting out on games that are going sour.  When the meter is not humming and putt after putt are lipping out,  it's like being forced to eat your own vomit.

WGT should do a little study to check on how many masters have stopped playing, or reduced their frequency of ranked rounds in the last several months.  

What do the BETA test graphs on this tell you?

• RHawkman
    21 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 8:12 PM

Not claiming to be too smart, but I have been away playing the 'Other' web golf game with the big name golfer franchise.  I came back to give wgt another shot (no pun intended) tonight.  Screens would load sporadically and time out about 75% of the time.  Yes, I know it is all in my computer as everyone loves to say.  Went back to that other game which runs in a very similar fashion.  Hmmmm, screens load, swing meter smooth and consistent.  I completely agree, WGT has become no fun, and everyone I know has given up and started playing TWO.  I have posted concerns and praise on here several times, but it is apparent that the designers are not very interested.  I would be interested to know what the daily player levels have been.  Dropping would be my guess.

• palupear
    50 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 8:52 PM

I've never played the "other" game.  Kind of always felt a little proud to be a wgt beta tester and this is the only online game I've ever tried.  I'm not much of a gamer type, but I really got very into wgt, in spite of myself.  Now though ...

I've read the forums here and talked with my brother who is a TWO guy and I may take a look at it.  

• PAGES
RSS